Communications & Outreach Coordinator
SEO’s purpose is to provide holistic student-centered programs and services that
enhance student life and create lasting memories through community engagement,
connection building, and creative exploration.
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Student Engagement and Outreach (SEO), the Communications and Outreach Coordinator shall assist in promoting ASI throughout the campus. The Communications and Outreach Coordinator will be co-responsible for all social media, web, and blog content, and serve as an ASI brand ambassador with extensive program knowledge. They will work closely with the rest of the A Team to build relationships with the student body, enhance department-wide marketing, implement content strategy, and write daily posts for all of ASI branded social networks: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and the website content management system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Associate Director of Student Engagement and Outreach with coordination of all ASI outreach communication efforts
- Creates, edits, organizes, and monitors content on social media to encourage member participation on all ASI social networks on a weekly basis, including photography and videography
- Creates Tweets, social media stories, captions, e-newsletters, blog posts, and more in the ASI voice to support business initiatives and encourage interaction on our channels
- Sets up and run regular outreach events around campus and acts as liaison and outreach facilitator between campus groups/ clubs, residence halls, promotional agencies and ASI programs.
- Distributes outreach/promotional materials around campus, including: flyers, posters, a-frames, advertisements, promotional items, and apparel
- Monitor online sweepstakes, giveaways, contests, and other promotions to provide tracking, a recap report, and prize fulfillment
- Tracks and pulls communication data, working with the Associate Director to create strategies to increase engagement
- Collaborates with other ASI program areas to enhance and promote their image around campus
- Responsible for social media coverage at various ASI events, including taking photos and videos
- Updates the ASI Website, as needed
- Develops, creates, and distributes a monthly e-mail newsletter
- Participates in ASI events and campus events, such as Orientation, WOW, Open Houses, and other public forums as a representative of ASI
- Performs various administrative functions including checking emails, copying, faxing, printing, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Must have a proven mastery of social media, demonstrate a strong written voice, and possess a sharp aesthetic eye for style and design.
- Demonstrative high level of competency about ASI’s mission, purpose, service, and programs
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to sit at a computer for an extended period of time and ability to work outside and stand for long periods of time
- Experience in leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse student population, ASI programs and on campus departments
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant incumbents)
- Must be organized, extremely detailed-oriented with a demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Active on all major social networks; Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Excellent written communication skills (Writing samples are required during interview)
- Proficiency in Macintosh (OSX) computers
- Strong design experience
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Knowledge of MailChimp, Later, and website content management systems
- Photography and videography experience
Depending on the position for which you apply for, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after you are offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age,
protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Student Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.00
- Job Start Date Monday, August 16, 2021
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA