The Children Center’s purpose is to create a community that supports
Sacramento State Students to build brighter futures by providing high
quality childcare, employment, and leadership opportunities in a wholesome learning environment.
The Classroom Student Assistant II works under the supervision of the program Head/Mentor/Fellowship Teacher, Classroom Student Supervisor or Classroom Student Assistant III to provide direct care and supervision of children from birth through kindergarten in a classroom setting (never left alone with children).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Safely perform job duties
• Maintains regular attendance to ensure classroom meet the staffing ratio per CA state regulations
• Read, understand, and implement the philosophy and information contained in the ASI Children’s Center Student
Handbook, Training manual, and the ASI Policy Manual. Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures.
• Actively participate in mandatory training meetings and implement the information into the classroom.
• Assist teachers with children in routine activities such as meals, naps, diapering, and toileting and document those
• Work collaboratively with classroom staff to ensure constant supervision, and implementation of all guidelines
needed to maintain children’s health and safety.
• Positively interact with children during both indoor and outdoor activities, facilitating children’s developmental needs.
• Encourage children to take some responsibility for equipment, materials, and the clean-up of activity centers.
• Positively interact with families, children, staff, and center clients by providing excellent customer service.
• Assist with the preparation and maintenance of the environment and set-up/clean-up of daily activities.
• Assist with routine classroom/center maintenance as assigned.
• Participate in observations and documentation of information for Developmental Profiles/Child Assessments.
• Participate in teacher-student performance review at the end of each semester.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Must enjoy interacting with children and be willing to learn from mentors.
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant incumbents)
• Per law must be at least 18 years of age
• Cleared Criminal Background
• Current Health Screening hours
• Must be able to provide proof of immunizations (Measles and Pertussis-whooping cough)
• Able to provide proof of TB Clearance
• Able to attend mandatory Monday night training meetings
• Experience working with children
• Child Development Permit at the Assistant Level
• Child/Adult CPR and/or First Aid Certifications
• Mandated Reporter Training
• Basic Pest Management in a School & Child Care Setting Training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to climb, kneel, squat, reach overhead
• Sit on floor 1-2 hours daily
• Combination of indoors and outdoors with varied surfaces some uneven
I work. I learn. I play. I am ASI
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age,
protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm