Student Engagement & Outreach Student Services Coordinator
SEO’s purpose is to provide holistic student-centered programs and services that
enhance student life and create lasting memories through community engagement,
connection building, and creative exploration.
The Associated Students, Inc. Student Engagement and Outreach Department enhances the collegiate experience of Sac State students by increasing their awareness of ASI resources and providing them with meaningful engagement and leadership opportunities. The Student Services Coordinator shall be primarily responsible for direct oversight of KSSU Radio and the Safe Rides program, providing appropriate leadership and oversight of student staff, policies, workflow, and budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advise students in all facets of KSSU radio station operation including programming and technical operation while ensuring compliance with federal, state and organizational requirements.
- Manage the Safe Rides program reimbursement process.
- Coordinate training programs for KSSU radio station on-air staff including teaching students about legal and ethical aspects of radio station operation, particularly FCC compliance, and training on all station equipment.
- Develop, manage, and evaluate the annual KSSU and Safe Rides budgets. This includes preparation of future budgets, monitoring and evaluating the current budget, meeting established deadlines, and advising management of budget related issues.
- Assist the Director of SEO with purchasing, check requests, and management of departmental budgets. This includes meeting established deadlines and advising the Director of budget related issues.
- Manage time and attendance of direct reports, inclusive of bi-weekly payroll procedures, time sheet correction, time sheet approvals, and time sheet submissions.
- Direct the recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of KSSU Station Manager. Oversee the process for other paid station staff.
- Manage an outreach and promotional program that brings awareness to both Safe Rides and KSSU’s programs and services.Serve as a backup for the ASI Food Pantry, when the Food Pantry Coordinator is unavailable to work.Serve as liaison between KSSU, Associated Students, the campus, and the general community, including serving on the university committee or the advisory council.
- Safely perform job duties
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of campus constituencies including students, staff and university administrators to serve a diverse student population.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Success in planning, organizing, and coordinating programs and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A valid driver's license is required for this position.
- Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience in college radio broadcasting, podcast production
- Comprehensive knowledge of FCC broadcasting regulations
- Experience working with students in a university setting
- Experience as a supervisor or team lead
- Experience managing multiple administrative processes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Office setting
Depending on the position for which you apply for, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after you are offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age,
protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.65
- Max Hiring Rate $21.90
- Job Start Date Monday, October 26, 2020
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA