Aquatic Center Guest Services
The Aquatic Center's purpose is to provide high quality boating and safety programs through education, recreation and competition; and to bring regional and national recognition to Associated Students Inc., and Sacramento State, increasing the value of the students degree.
The Sacramento State Aquatic Center is a proud program of Associated Students, Inc. The Aquatic Center is a National Boating Instruction Safety Center located on beautiful Lake Natoma. The Aquatic Center offers a variety of classes, camps, facility reservations, team building, youth groups and equipment rentals. We are open to the general public.
The Aquatic Center offers the following activities: Sailing, Windsurfing, Standup Paddling, Kayaking, Canoeing, Outrigger Canoeing, Rowing, Water Skiing, Wakeboarding, and Jet Skiing.
The Guest Services Customer Service Representative shall be assigned in any or all of the following areas: Aquatic Center front gate, Front Office kiosk, lifejacket rack and facility reservations as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide excellence customer service to all patrons that enter the Aquatic Center. Help direct customers to ensure they receive the proper services.
• Learn and become proficient in Recreational Software Program. Perform data entry and provide customer service to rental customers.
• Know rules and regulations of the Aquatic Center parking lot, facility bookings, rental policies and memberships.
• Manage front office operations to include answering multi-line telephone and providing appropriate assistance to customers, vendors, officials, and staff.
• Assist customers with boat launch as well as facility reservations and room set up.
• Provide support for a variety of special events.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to operate standard office equipment
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
• The ability to learn and know the Aquatic Center Program Schedule
• Ability to work weekends.
• Aquatic/boating knowledge
• California Department of Boating & Waterways boating safety exam (must have within 30 days of hire)
• CPR/First Aid Certification
All Aquatic Center Staff must sign a Code of Conduct and Dress Code Agreement
“you’ll enjoy the experience” #LakeLife
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Student Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.00
- Job Start Date Friday, April 30, 2021
- 1901 Hazel Ave, Gold River, CA 95670, USA