HR and Safety Administrator
Associated Students Inc. Sacramento State is seeking a detailed oriented HR professional to join a dynamic HR Team. No Relocation, Excellent benefits!
Hiring Rate: $23.40-$29.95
- Maintains and executes ASI Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP); oversees compliance with state and federal laws relating to safety posting requirements, including timely posting of notifications in all ASI departments; conducts safety walks and audits.
- Reviews job hazard analysis to ensure safety and PPE requirements are integrated prior to implementation.
- Investigates work related illness and injury, determine root cause, and recommend corrective actions, training and safety process/task improvements. Maintains electronic documents specific to employee(s)’ work related accidents or injury.
- Chairs the Safety Committee and ensures committee member roles and responsibilities are followed.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations; OSHA logs are accurately maintained and posted annually. Ensures timely annual reporting of EEO-1 and DFEH Pay Data. Assist with preparation of 1095c annual filing.
- Learns Dayforce configuration and provides support in Dayforce configuration and workflows, including Organizational Set-Up, Recruiting, Onboarding, Scheduling, Benefits, Entitlements, My People, Forms, Alerts and Reporting.
- Assists with Dayforce request for assistance from internal customers.
- Develops training content and provides Dayforce training to end users.
- Dayforce annual release – reviews configuration manuals and works with Dayforce Support to update recruiting, onboarding, schedules, My People, and benefits modules. Update Dayforce forms and reports, as needed.
- Conducts weekly new hire and rehire onboarding; ensures all onboarding documents are saved on employee’s profile.
- Trains supervisors and employees on HR related safety training including return to work program.
- Assist the Director of Human Resources with employee relations issues; ensures resolutions and corrective actions are consistent and in compliance with policies, state and federal employment laws.
- Serves as back up for processing changes in position, pay and secondary work assignments; ensures changes are in accordance to guidelines.
- Document Management –upload scanned files to employee profile.
- Serves as back up for processing staff parking permits; submitted applications and payments to University Transportation & Parking Services (UTAPS), and ensures payroll deduction form is submitted to payroll. Return parking permits and request refunds, as necessary.
- Assists with maintaining Human Resources webpage to ensure content is up to date
- Reviews exit survey data quarterly and share with ASI department directors and Executive Director.
- Assists with verifications of employment.
- Provides campus with annual years of service reports and campus work program (Financial Aid) as requested.
- Verifies student status at the beginning of the fall and spring semester.
- Updates and orders employee emergency cards.
- Assist in HR budget planning and benefit audits.
- Provide on-site HR support at the Aquatic Center twice a month.
- Alternates annually with HR team members to chair and represent Human Resources in other committees including the employee advisory committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to Detail: is consistently thorough and accurate in accomplishing work.
- Ethical: Adhere to the highest standards of ethics. Act ethically in every professional interaction and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Customer-Focused: proactively seeks and finds way to provide the highest standards of service.
- Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest and respectful written and verbal communication.
- Flexible/Adaptable: Maintains effectiveness in varying work environments where circumstances and priorities are changing.
- Quality: Maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines; do work right the first time and inspects work for flaws. Strong attention to detail to ensure data entry is error free.
- Resilient: Maintains high performance and composure under pressure, opposition or criticism.
- Planner and Organizer: Proactively ensures the smooth implementation of tasks; prioritizes tasks accordingly.
- Problem-Solver: Demonstrates broad ways to analyze and handle complex problems and situations.
- Policies, Process and Procedures: Acts in accordance with established guidelines; communicate and enforce Associated Students Inc. policies and procedures.
- Technical Knowledgeable: possesses knowledge of Human Resources management, federal and CA employment and labor laws and Dayforce HRIS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration
- At least three years of experience in a fast-paced Human Resources setting
- Knowledge in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards and recordkeeping methods as it pertains to safety.
- Practices, methods, and techniques of health and safety regulatory compliance and safety program development and implementation.
- Proficient knowledge of CA and federal employment laws
- Ability to lift and move boxes and materials up to 50 pounds
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and security of information
- Ability to read, interpret regulatory laws, policies and procedures
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including but not limited to copier, fax, computer, printer, etc.
- Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of HR programs, policies and practices, and advanced knowledge of federal and state labor laws
- Proficient knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce configuration
- PHR certification
- Job Hazard Analysis and work-related illness and injury investigation.
- Occasionally, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to reach overhead
- Conduct quarterly Safety Walks at the Aquatic Center and other ASI departments.
- Office setting; temporary teleworking and once a week onsite work.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full-Time
- Min Hiring Rate $23.40
- Max Hiring Rate $29.95
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA