ASI Peak Adventures Sales Specialist
Peak Adventures’ purpose is to kindle personal growth, leadership, and connections through experiences in the outdoors.
ASI’s Peak Adventures is an outdoor adventure program dedicated to getting Sac State Students outside. Peak Adventures provides guided outdoor trips, low cost gear rentals, full service bike repair at The Bike Shop, summer youth camps and team building at The Challenge Center.
- Safely perform job duties
- Training and supervising part time office and sales assistants as well as directly assisting customers with rental equipment, retail sales, answering phones, program registration and miscellaneous customer service support, ensuring that client interactions are timely and consistent.
- Effectively establish, develop, and maintain relationships with past and potential clients. Work with customers to find what they want, create solutions and ensure a smooth and timely sales process.
- Duties include oversight of daily cash register reconciliation and other financial reporting procedures required by the ASI Business Office.
- Seek to enhance the customer experience and increase the efficiency of the sales process. Maintain accurate client records. Expedite sales solutions and work collaboratively with other operational staff to maximize customer satisfaction. Develop and implement tools for measuring customer satisfaction.
- Develop in-shop systems to improve operational efficiency, which includes a high level of mastery with the computer database. Work closely with the Bike Shop Manager to implement cross-training that allows Peak Adventures to deliver consistent, high-quality service.
- Outreach to campus and community groups in order to educate them on Peak Adventures products and services. Identify target markets and establish sales lead generation strategies as well as customer loyalty strategies. Measure the effectiveness of sales strategies. Provide sales reports as needed.
- Coordinate with Marketing Specialist and Director to develop marketing collateral needed to support outreach efforts.
- Attend campus and off-campus meetings and networking events to promote Peak Adventures. Use of personal or company vehicle will be required on occasion.
- Train other staff in presentation and sales techniques to increase effectiveness of promotional booth events, classroom visits and other sales, outreach and promotional efforts.
- In coordination with the Marketing Specialist, create promotional strategies that will focus on group and individual sales/networking and measure effectiveness of various outreach strategies.
- Set sales goals and promote growth by initiating innovative and practical sales strategies. Acquire leads and grow referral system through partnerships and active participation in business networking. Promote services and products in a manner that has continuity with overall branding and marketing efforts within the program.
- Assist the Associate Director in providing service to Challenge Center clients, primarily by preparing and sending contracts.
- Assist the Outdoor Adventure Manager in providing service to custom trip clients, primarily by preparing and sending contracts.
- Assist the Associate Director to forecast, manage, and evaluate the Peak Adventure’s budget to include: part-time staff wages and office supplies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail a must
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- 1 year demonstrated sales and/or customer service experience
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Sales and/or customer service experience
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Ability to work outside of a typical work week, including evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- 2 years or more demonstrated sales/customer service experience.
- Occasionally, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to kneel, squat, reach overhead
- Combination of indoors and outdoors
- Outdoor exposure to rain, heat and cold temperature for 1 hour a day during to promotional booths.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Sales and Marketing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $17.65
- Job Start Date Monday, May 24, 2021
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA