Children's Center Office Associate
The Children Center’s purpose is to create a community that supports
Sacramento State Students to build brighter futures by providing high
quality childcare, employment, and leadership opportunities in a wholesome learning environment.
The Front Office Associate handles the daily operations at the front office of the Children’s Center. Primary areas of responsibility include proficiency in Center Track software, customer service and records management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely perform job duties
- Process enrollment packets for new and returning families. Assist the Director with family orientations. Meet established deadlines.
- Enter family data in Center Track. Produce reports and rosters as needed.
- Process payments and prepare deposits for Operations Manager’s approval.
- Maintain enrollment waiting lists. Contact families as needed.
- Prepare and maintain annual immunization reports and physician records for children.
- Manage health and social service referrals for families. Provides families additional resources and alerts administrators when families have unique needs or faced with unusual circumstances.
- Oversee the front office staff in the absence of the Operations Manager.
- Provide support to Center staff and administrators as needed.
- May assist the Director with Parent Advisory Council which includes preparation of agendas, recording minutes and distributing notifications.
- Assist the Director with University health and safety guidelines, trainings and reports and serve as a member of the ASI Safety Committee.
- Serves as the Children’s Center representative for campus orientations and events as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and public
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Two years of administrative/clerical experience
- Knowledge of PC windows-based personal computers - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and database management software
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with Center Track software
- Experience in Child Development
- Completion of some college credits
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb, kneel, squat, reach overhead
- Office setting
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $16.00
- Job Start Date Monday, January 4, 2021
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA