Associated Students Inc. Sacramento State is seeking a Human Resources Generalist III to join a dynamic Human Resources team.
How to Apply: Please submit your application by scrolling below on the Apply Now and attach a cover letter with your applicationHiring Range: $23.40 - 28.95 Pay is commensurate with experience.
No relocation package. Check out our exceptional benefits on this link!
The Human Resources Generalist III serves as system administrator for Dayforce and the CSU Learning Management systems; administers and provide support for a wide variety of human resources activities in areas of employee relations, compliance reporting, safety, benefits and mandatory training administration. The Human Resources Generalist III provides Human Resources policy guidance and interpretation and ensures performance and employee relations issues are resolved in compliance with Human Resources policies, state and federal employment laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Safely perform job duties
• Assist the Director of Human Resources with employee relations issues; ensures resolutions and corrective actions are consistent and in compliance with policies, state and federal employment laws
• Manages configuration and workflows in Dayforce including Organizational Set-Up, Recruiting, Onboarding, Scheduling, Benefits, Entitlements, My People, Forms, Alerts
• Develops training content and provide Dayforce training to end users.
• Dayforce annual release – Update recruiting, Onboarding, Schedules, My People, Benefit and learning with the exception of payroll. Update Dayforce forms and reports as needed
• Document Management –assist with managing personnel files specific to employee performance, LOA, benefits, and employee status changes. Assist department end users with skills and certifications management including dates of expirations
• Coordinates system permissions and user security access in Dayforce with Director of Human Resources
• Sets up scheduled reports on Dayforce
• Ensures changes in position, pay and secondary work assignments are processed according to guidelines; ensures timely processing of Dayforce terminations to meet final pay rules
• Notifies HR and payroll of retirement eligibility
• Reconciles medical, dental enrollments against employee enrollments of Dayforce
• Files annual 1095c reporting; provide testing data and census information to carriers
• Conducts bi-annual retirement discrimination testing
• Manages mandatory training and ensures timely completion
• Assists with annual enrollment meetings
• Manages staff parking permits by submitting applications and payments to University Transportation & Parking Services (UTAPS), and ensure payroll deduction form is submitted to payroll. Return parking permits and request refunds as necessary.
• Oversees recruitment to ensure full-cycle recruitment process is completed in a timely manner, and consistently. Serves as backup in tracking LiveScan backgrounds with the DOJ
• Assists with maintaining Human Resources webpage to ensure content is up to date
• Conducts exit meetings and ensures timely delivery final check, mandatory notices and exit survey. Review exit survey data quarterly and share with ASI departments
• Assists with verifications of employment.
• Provides campus with annual years of service reports and campus work program (Financial Aid) as requested.
• Verifies student status at the beginning of the fall and spring semester
• Updates and orders employee emergency cards.
• Assists in safety related projects, policy updates and implementation, HR budget planning and assist with company audits
• Mentors Human Resources Team on Dayforce an
• Provides on-site HR support at the Aquatic Center twice a month
• Other duties as assigned.
• Attention to Detail: is consistently thorough and accurate in accomplishing work.
• Ethical: Adhere to the highest standards of ethics. Act ethically in every professional interaction and maintain complete confidentiality.
• Customer-Focused: proactively seeks and finds way to provide the highest standards of service.
• Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest and respectful written and verbal communication.
• Flexible/Adaptable: Maintains effectiveness in varying work environments where circumstances and priorities are changing.
• Quality: Maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines; do work right the first time and inspects work for flaws. Strong attention to detail to ensure data entry is error free.
• Resilient: Maintains high performance and composure under pressure, opposition or criticism.
• Planner and Organizer: Proactively ensures the smooth implementation of tasks; prioritizes tasks accordingly.
• Problem-Solver: Demonstrates broad ways to analyze and handle complex problems and situations.
• Policies, Process and Procedures: Acts in accordance with established guidelines; communicate and enforce Associated Students Inc. policies and procedures.
• Technical Knowledgeable: possesses knowledge of Human Resources management, federal and CA employment and labor laws and Dayforce HRIS.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration
• At least three years of experience in a fast-paced Human Resources setting
• At least two years of experience or proficient knowledge of HRIS configuration
• Proficient knowledge of OSHA, CA and federal employment laws
• Ability to lift and move boxes and materials up to 50 pounds
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and security of information
• Ability to read, interpret regulatory laws, policies and procedures
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including but not limited to copier, fax, computer, printer, etc.
• Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Advanced knowledge of federal and state labor laws
• Proficient knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce configuration
• PHR certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
• Occasionally, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to reach overhead
• Office setting; temporary teleworking and once a week onsite work.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm