2819-TRC - TBI Skills Enhancement - Case Manager
CASE MANAGER (Continuing Day Treatment)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Program Manager Case Management within the Continuing Day Treatment Program can either be Outreach or Social Services. Where census requires more than one Case Manager, Case Managers will be assigned either Outreach or Social Services duties. Where census is smaller, Case Manager will cover both Outreach and Social Services duties as necessary.
FUNCTION: OUTREACH:To provide support and linkage to consumers enrolled in Continuing Day Treatment Programs and their families, primarily within the home environment, in an effort to empower them to become more involved in their treatment. The Case Manager will also provide education and advocacy to consumers and family members when necessary. Will act in support role for the Mental Health Clinicians when necessary.
SOCIAL SERVICES: To assist the Primary Therapist in maximizing the social and personal functioning of the individual clients within the Continuing Day Treatment Program. To enhance the coping capacity of clients and families and to foster human dignity through a variety of methodologies.
SPECIFIC DUTIES: Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager:
1. Provide home visits for enrolled clients who are not in compliance with recommended treatment regime in order to assess needs.
2. Will participate in treatment planning process when necessary.
3. Will assist in educating clients and their families when necessary in order to increase their understanding of mental illness and program services.
4. Provide intervention during crises when appropriate in an effort to avoid hospitalization.
5. Provide in-home counseling for enrolled clients when necessary.
6. Provide advocacy for clients when appropriate.
7. Maintain accurate records of activities in progress notes. These should include how interventions provided are assisting in the treatment plan developed for the individual.
8. Work toward developing a comfortable relationship with clients and families in order to improve compliance with treatment regime. Case Manager/Continuing Day Treatment -Page Two-
9. Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Attends all team meetings, participates in Treatment Planning, and advises Interdisciplinary Team on significant events.
2. Completes Intake Assessments and Social Summary.
3. Plans and implements individual and group activities such as counseling, skill training, and socialization.
4. Facilitates ongoing contacts between Continuing Day Treatment program and families or caretakers.
5. Acts as liaison with other agencies mutually involved with Continuing Day Treatment Program clients.
6. Assists in discharge planning.
7. Provides intra-agency programmatic liaison.
8. Documents in Progress Notes all efforts provided in the course of case management.
9. Performs other related duties as required by supervisor.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The Case Manager will possess an understanding of the nature of mental illness and will have experience with counseling individuals having severe and persistent mental illness and addictions. S/he will be self-directed and self-motivated. The Case Manager will have a strong understanding of the client-centered approach and will be familiar with the philosophy of empowerment. S/he will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, be capable of maintaining accurate records and will possess comprehensive knowledge of community and agency resources and an ability to travel throughout the assigned service area. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field and a minimum of one (1) year experience in Mental Health service provision.
11/87; Rev’d 1/90; 10/96; 7/98
Mental Health Services
THE RESOURCE CENTER
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 186 Lake Shore Dr W, Dunkirk, NY 14048, USA