2100 -TRC IRA - Residence Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Residence Coordinator Supervisor
To effectively manage all phases of the day-to-day operation of his/her assigned facilities. Maintain and/or enhance the provision of quality services to individuals receiving services by monitoring and implementing facility regulations, policies and procedures, and standards of good practice. Primary function is to coordinate all services to meet individual needs of individuals on assigned caseload, including a willingness and ability to look at new ideas and philosophies to create a quality of programming for each individual. In addition, is responsible for ensuring adherence to quality assurance standards within homes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must demonstrate strong leadership and teambuilding skills, including but not limited to directing others, developing direct reports and relevant others, motivating others and confronting direct reports as the need arises. Must possess managerial courage and demonstrate effective supervisory and quality decisionmaking skills. Must possess and demonstrate strong interpersonal savvy and interpersonal skills including compassion, composure, approachability, integrity and trust, ethics and values that are consistent with the mission of The Resource Center, fairness to direct reports, listening and keep others informed. Must be action oriented, yet comfortable dealing with ambiguity and managing multiple and diverse demands. Must be self-directing and possess organizational agility, as well as, strong and effective organizational and problem solving skills, including the ability to establish and adhere to identified priorities. Knowledge of or ability to learn Residential Services for the Developmentally Disabled, including regulations and policies and procedures governing The Resource Center and assigned area(s). Computer skills sufficient to carry out assigned duties. Willingness and ability to travel for work as needed or assigned is essential. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the job.
Participation in on-call on a rotating basis. Ability and willingness to work a schedule that is based upon the needs of the program and the individuals served – early morning and evening hours required. Required to visit each facility on assigned caseload a minimum of two (2) times per week - one (1) visit being in the evenings or early morning to monitor daily living skills of individuals and for interaction with staff and residents.
Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional. Bachelors degree and three (3) years related experience, a minimum of one (1) year of which must be in an administrative/supervisory capacity; OR Masters degree and one (1) year related experience in an administrative/supervisory capacity. Experience in a program serving the developmentally disabled and experience in service coordination strongly preferred. Valid driver’s license and ability to travel for work or equivalent accommodations required.
1. Responsible for providing administrative supervision of assigned Residential Services staff
consisting of Residence Managers and other designated staff, including but not limited to:
a. Hiring, firing, discipline, performance evaluation, in-service education and training, and ensuring that there are adequate number of staff to fulfill assigned responsibilities. b. Developing and maintaining adequate staffing requirements within the budgetary constraints while scheduling to maintain necessary services to the individuals. c. Coordinates staff orientation with the Manager. Assists in the identification of additional staff training needs and development of training in coordination with the Training Department for Residential Specific training d. Overseeing all aspects of assigned homes workforce including timely completion of disciplinary actions and other personnel related matters.
2. Maintains effective communication with the facility staff through formal and informal visits.
3. Participates in staff meetings at assigned homes.
1. In conjunction with the Director of IDD Services, participates in the development, revision and implementation of procedures for program manuals.
2. Completes and submits on-site visit forms to the Residence Coordinator Supervisor on a weekly basis. Any items requiring follow-up will be noted and dates established for correction of issue(s).
3. Notes any maintenance issues that need to be addressed and reports these issues to the Residence Coordinator Supervisor for follow up
1. Ensures assigned facilities maintain compliance with all regulations. Actively participates in all aspects of the survey process.
2. Develops/maintains records and management information systems as needed or assigned.
3. Participates in agency and residential Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement visits and provides follow up on any issue(s) noted.
4. Ensures appropriate reporting and documentation of special incidents and unusual occurrences occurring in assigned facilities, and ensures timely and appropriate intervention when needed.
5. Participates in Council of Quality Leadership certification and Personal Outcome Measurements by becoming an interviewer and completing interviews as required annually.
1. In conjunction with the Director of IDD Services, participates in the development of Outcomes and Performance Targets relative to assigned area(s) of responsibility and oversees the implementation and tracking of relevant Performance Targets.
2. Positively represents the Residential Services Division through active participation on agency committees, public meetings, conferences, and in community activities.
3. Actively participates in assigned Residence Coordinator meetings.
4. Actively participates in Management meetings and ensures that there are meetings conducted on a regular basis.
5. Advises Director IDD Services/Residence Coordinator Supervisor of any issues involving individuals, staff or facilities.
6. Understands and ensures departmental adherence to agency-wide policies and procedures, as well as, policies outlined in the collective bargaining agreement between TRC and TRUCEA.
1. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of IDD Services or other Resource Center administrative personnel.
1. Badge Access (assigned residential locations) 2. E-mail (internal and external accounts) 3. Training Management System 4. Time and Attendance System 5. Purchasing System 6. Maintenance System 7. Therap (Residence Coordinator Level) 8. Key2 Purchase 9. Cell phone (Smart phone level)
3/08; Rev’d 6/12; 3/19; 5/20;8/20
IDD Services Division
THE RESOURCE CENTER
Grade 19, Exempt
RESIDENCE COORDINTOR JOB DESCRIPTION APPENDIX INDIVIDUAL RESIDENTIAL ALTERNATIVES (IRAs)
1. In conjunction with the Care Coordinator, ensures that the needs of the individuals on assigned caseloads are being met and if not, ensures that resources are developed or researched to meet those needs.
2. Ensures completion of monthly habilitation notes and reviews for any programmatic changes that may be needed in the individual milestones.
3. Develops Residential Staff Action Plan, in conjunction with the team, and ensure implementation of the plan.
4. Participates in Life Plan meetings.
5. Ensures coordination of behavioral, medical or other services. May facilitate Program Planning Team meetings to coordinate services as needed or assigned.
6. Monitors Behavior Plans for proper implementation. Reports any concerns to the Behavior Team for review or revision.
7. Ensures completion of Evacuation Plans and E and F scores for Life Safety Regulations.
8. Ensures that Individual Plans of Protection are current, makes changes as noted and ensures staff are trained on changes.
9. Completes Support Intensity Scale (SIS) Assessments.
10. Completes clinical justification as required or needed.
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Salary
- 10 Pardee Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA