2811 - TRC Health Related - Speech Pathologist - Entry
RESPONSIBLE TO: Health Related – Site Manager
Will assess and evaluate individuals’ needs and develop and/or implement service plans to meet those needs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Comprehensive knowledge and skills to develop and implement a wide variety of therapy techniques, strong assessment skills and the ability to develop service plans to address individuals’ needs. Strong verbal and written communication skills. The ability to self-direct and self-initiate, and handle a specified caseload. Ability to work cooperatively with other disciplines. Ability to work with a varied population. Physical condition or reasonable accommodation(s) commensurate with the demands of the job.
Master’s degree in Speech Pathology with eligibility for NYS licensure/certification and physical capabilities pertinent to the above job description.
Master’s degree in Speech Pathology, NYS licensure/certification (CFY completed) and physical capabilities pertinent to the above job description.
* indicates responsibilities of Level II Speech/Language Pathologist only.
SPECIAL NOTE: Employment contingent upon a clear record regarding no evidence of child abuse as determined by the New York State Central Registry.
Revision Date: 07/30/2020
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
1. Performs and documents evaluation and treatment through the use of service plans, progress notes, six-month summaries, and discharge summaries in accordance with policies and procedures.
2. Develops programs in speech and language therapy and provides direct therapy to a specified caseload, according to treatment plans.
3. Documents individual progress according to 10 CRR-NY 751.7
4. Documents individual progress at least monthly and on a semi-annual basis.
5. Attends inter-agency and intra-agency meetings and in-service training programs as required.
6. Evaluates and makes recommendations for augmentative speaking devices and assists in procuring funding for said devices.
7. Recommends individuals for other services, as the need arises.
8. Is available to provide direct therapy services and/or training to staff or collaterals, not only at the clinic, but at specified satellite sites, and/or off-site locations.
9. Provides continuing education/in-service training for staff and/or collaterals, as needed.
10. Acts as a liaison with all other agencies and departments mutually involved in service provision to individuals.
11. Provides professional supervision to Speech Therapists.
12. Utilizes any and all modalities to accomplish the desired outcome of services.
13. Completes and submits attendance and billing logs in a timely manner.
14. *May be responsible for handling cases of greater complexity than less experienced Speech Pathologists.
15. *Participates in agency training as requested.
16. *May provide clinical supervision and mentorship to CFY Speech Pathologists, as assigned.
17. Performs any other related duties as assigned by Site Manager
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Salary
- 75 Jones and Gifford Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA