0727 - TRC - Employment Case Manager
EMPLOYMENT CASE MANAGER-HABILITATION SPECIALIST
RESPONSIBLE TO: Persons Receiving Supports
SUPERVISED BY: Administrator/Designee
To partner with persons receiving supports by developing a comprehensive, integrated, and clear strategy for the TRC habilitation services that support them; ensuring cohesive implementation and focused progression towards each person living a full and satisfying life commensurate with their lifestyle and realizing their life goals and citizenship with urgency, intention, and determination. To co-coordinate care for each person’s individualized plan with Care Coordination.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must possess and demonstrate a firm understanding of the principles of Person-Centered Planning, citizenship, and life planning, as well as the ability to distinguish between what is important to a person and what is important for a person; Must be able to listen effectively and “hear” what each person being supported is saying and act with intention; Ability and willingness to advocate on behalf of persons being supported, as needed; Adheres to and practices principles and philosophy of NADSP Code of Ethics; Willingness, ability and commitment to increase professional knowledge base and remain at the forefront of current philosophies within the field through attendance at trainings/conferences in order to successfully and creatively support people in attaining their life goals and citizenship. Must possess a working knowledge of applicable Federal and State regulations; Demonstrated knowledge of habilitation supports and Staff Action Plan development and implementation is critical; Must be able to self-direct, self-initiate, problem-solve, and effectively facilitate; Must be flexible and willing to work non-traditional hours, as needed or assigned to meet consumer/customer need; Excellent verbal and written communication skills across various channels is essential; Strong organizational skills are critical; Strong computer skills and knowledge of or ability to learn and utilize software packages including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Therap; Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the
Bachelors degree in Human Services or related field and a minimum of one (1) year of experience in a program serving individuals with disabilities or coordinated-care environment. Experience in coordination of services and habilitation plan design is strongly preferred. Valid driver’s license, use of a personal vehicle, and willingness to travel for work or equivalent accommodations is required.
1. Actively engage in the lives of the persons whom you support in order to effectively and confidently assist them with identifying and developing their life roles and in partnership with their team, ensures satisfaction and fulfillment in their quality of life, family stability, behavioral health, health/medical, and employment/education/community contributions. 2. Ensures regular contact with the service providers that support each person on assigned caseload and provides clear and timely communication of information.
3. Attends team meetings and ensures alignment of assigned habilitation services towards fulfillment of the persons’ life goals and valued outcomes. 4. Coordinate with each person, their Care Coordinator and the team in the development and implementation of an individualized plan demonstrating the collective actions and expectations of team members to successfully support the person in realizing his/her life goals. 5. Ensures accountability amongst habilitation service providers regarding implementation of an individualized plan via completion of a comprehensive monthly summary note consistent with regulatory expectations and timeframe(s). 6. In collaboration with each person on assigned caseload, develops and monitors milestones that directly correlate to his/her life goals and valued outcomes, as well as, overseeing progress and modifying as necessary to effectively move the person forward. 7. Updates and maintains comprehensive plans of protection and/or safeguards with each person on assigned caseload and their support team. 8. In collaboration with each person on assigned caseload, develops, monitors and revises his/her comprehensive, customized habilitation plan by strategically and intentionally aligning the actions and expectations of TRC habilitation services, which will result in the person realizing his/her life goals. 9. Assumes primary Case Manager responsibilities and adheres to regulatory requirements, as needed or assigned.
QUALITY ASSURANCE/QUALITY IMPROVEMENT:
1. Understands the concept of Person-Centered Planning and openly practices this philosophy. 2. Ensures that the regulatory components of the Staff Action Plan and monthly summary are present. 3. Ensures that persons being supported by TRC habilitation services are satisfied with service delivery through conversations with them and the people that provide support, observations, and by evaluations of their response(s) to the implementation of the Staff Action Plan. 4. Participates in Agency audits by correcting and responding to identified issues within the established/identified timeframes. 5. Participates in regulatory audits/surveys, as needed or assigned. 6. Participates in Council of Quality Leadership certification and Personal Outcome Measurements by becoming an interviewer and completing interviews as required annually.
1. Perform all other duties as needed or assigned.
1. Badge Access to assigned locations 2. E-mail (Internal account) 3. Shared Drive (Residential) 4. Therap (Habilitation Specialist level) 5. Training Management System
April 2014; 3/19; 8/20
THE RESOURCE CENTER
Grade 14, Non-Exempt
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 200 Dunham Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA