0306 - TRC - PROS - MH Clinician 2
MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN II
RESPONSIBLE TO: Article 31 Program Coordinator
The Mental Health Clinician II will provide direct input in the assessment and program planning for individuals assigned to their caseload. The Clinician will provide a wide variety of direct service client contact on an ongoing basis.
1. Serves as a coordinator of services for a caseload identified by the Mental Health Services Program Manager, including participation in Team Meetings, Assessments and Treatment Plan formulation.
2. Provides active treatment for assigned individuals in accordance with regulatory requirements.
3. Uses skills and expertise which have identified individual as a professional to provide direct service related to the treatment of mental illness.
4. Provides specific assessments within area of expertise to individuals enrolled in mental health services.
5. Documents and reviews, as required, individuals enrolled attendance and significant changes or events affecting these individuals
6. Attends team meetings as scheduled and advises team members of significant problems and progress.
7. Presents in-service training topics in areas of expertise to other members of the Mental Health Services staff and other agency programs.
8. Performs other related duties as needed or assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Comprehensive knowledge of mental health disabilities and the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Model. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Ability to effectively manage time. Willingness and interest in providing direct service to the Severely and Persistently Mentally Ill. Ability to drive and physical condition commensurate with the demands of the job.
Certification/licensure in one of the following fields: Art Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist, Rehabilitation Counselor, Social Worker, Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, Physician’s Assistant or Nurse Practitioner;
OR, Licensure as a Registered Nurse and two (2) years experience in the Mental Health field;
OR Credentialed Alcoholism Counselor with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university AND specific training and experience in the treatment of individuals with mental illness;
OR Master’s degree as a Clinical Nurse Specialist;
OR is a mental health practitioner who has been previously classified as a “mental health professional” by the New York State Office of Mental Health.
OR, is a mental health practitioner who has been previously classified as a “mental health professional” by the New York State Office of Mental Health.
This is a position that is exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. As an Exempt employee, incumbent will receive an annual salary commensurate with assigned responsibilities and salary classification; however, incumbent is expected and required to work as many hours as necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.
MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN II
1. Maintains responsibility for confidential and time sensitive information through the use of electronic management systems.
2. Effectively communicates with families, clients, staff and outside agencies via phone and email in a professional and timely manner.
3. Utilizes Anasazi to effectively manage work completion and remain within regulatory guidelines.
4. Updates monitoring tools, etc. using Microsoft Office Suite as necessary.
5. Notifies Program Manager in a timely manner of any regulatory changes or updates.
6. Seeks, reviews and recommends relevant changes, updates and configurations as needed through the appropriate channels.
1. Performs all other duties as needed or assigned.
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Salary
- 880 E 2nd St, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA