230-Preschool - AE - Nurse
230-Preschool - AE- Nurse
School Nurses needed! Come make a difference in our students lives. Day shifts! No weekends and Paid holidays! Includes Health Insurance Benefits and 403b.
Come join our caring team of Nurses.
- Schedule follows school calendar
- Paid school holidays/breaks
The RN is responsible for coordinating the health care needs of students/people we support, with family, staff, other care providers, as well as outside professionals. The RN will ensure the evaluation, supervision, and/or provision of nursing care and routine health maintenance programs are completed. The RN is responsible for staff training in health and medical issues, and for providing a quality of care for the students/people we support.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (General):
1. Complies with all Office of People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD), Part 624, Part 633, and/or State Education Department (SED) regulations and reports any violations, deficiencies or incidents to supervisor
2. Assess the health care needs of each student/person we support based on information available such as test results, laboratory data, observation and staff input
3. Develop an individualized plan of nursing services for each student/person who requires nursing care, including those who require medication administration for diagnosed medical conditions and update at least annually or whenever there is a significant change in the student/person’s condition
4. Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with family, physicians, dentists, and other medical/health care agencies and professionals
5. Educates staff about the chronic conditions and related health care needs of the students/persons, as well as, health and safety skills related to seizures, blood borne pathogens, etc.
6. Provides initial and ongoing training to staff in all nursing procedures being delegated, including medication administration periodically reviewing that performance is consistent with standards of nursing care.
7. Complete certification/annual re-certification (annual evaluation of performance) for all medication administration certified staff
8. Ensure that there is specific medication information available for every medication prescribed for each student/person
9. Maintains adequate first aid, medical supplies, and equipment to meet the needs of the students/persons
10. Completes Accident/Injury reports, and Allegations of Abuse according to regulation and agency policy
11. Maintains and protects confidential or other sensitive information such as Protected Health Information (PHI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) as defined in the agency’s information security policy.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Education Division Specific)
Provides professional nursing care to students with tracheotomies, gastronomy tubes, children with colostomies, those who may require oxygen, and children who may require intermittent catheterization in the educational program
Identifies and assesses each student’s health needs, implements services and evaluates plans of care which impact student learning, achievement and safety
Administers prescribed medications and treatments and assesses, interprets and documents student responses
Assists in providing New York State mandated and annual screening programs (Scoliosis screening, heights, weights, vision screening)
Provides in-service training to staff and/or family members when applicable
Administers emergency first aid, or assists students in obtaining treatment at a medical facility
Consults with staff concerning health supports services for students
Counsels student and families in maintaining good health through use of proper diet, routine medical care, screening and maintaining up to date immunizations
Performs necessary written work for assigned cases including maintenance of records and preparation of reports, writing and maintaining nursing care plans and writing alerts/objectives for the health component of a student’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· Must be licensed and currently registered as an RN in New York State
· Possess and maintain a valid New York State Driver’s License and have approved driving record
· Possess one year experience working with developmentally disabled students/persons is preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Job Family Arc Erie
- Pay Type Salary
- Tonawanda, NY 14150, USA