UNION RESIDENTIAL AIDE
UNION RESIDENTIAL AIDE
MAIN FUNCTION: To supplement Residential programmatic functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform and participate in Program participants’ assessments and service plan development.
2. Provides assistance in and performs as indicated routine program activities, such as personal care needs, meal preparation, housekeeping, light maintenance and provide transportation to shopping and recreational activities on an as needed basis.
3. Assists support staff with passing medications to Individuals as needed.
4. Successfully completes and maintains medication training and other training mandated by OPWDD part 686, 633, 635, etc regulations.
5. Performs clerical duties as related to maintenance of Individual files. Reads and legibly documents in the daily log all important and/or significant events, which took place during tour of duty.
6. Maintain accurate records, progress notes and reports concerning all treatment and Program functions as needed.
7. Participate in Case Reviews and other scheduled meetings on an as needed basis or as requested by appropriate personnel.
8. Assists Individuals with personal hygiene, feeding, dressing, and all areas of activities of daily living.
9. Must attend any meetings or in-services as designated by supervisor.
10. Ensures that individuals and their correspondents are treated with the utmost dignity and respect and allows Individuals to fully exercise their human rights.
11. Performs individual services to Individuals as outlined in their plans.
12. Deliver and document services delivered in the format required by regulation and Agency/Program Policy & Procedure.
13. Must comply with the Agency and Program time and attendance policies including call-in protocol.
14. Responsible to comply with the Agency Corporate Compliance Plan and Code of Ethics.
15. Responsible to report any suspected violations of the Agency Corporate Compliance Plan or Code of Ethics to immediate supervisor, program administrator or Agency’s Corporate Compliance Officer.
16. Accepts Agency/Program safety procedures and establish safe work practices in day-to-day functions of the job.
17. Maintains confidentiality of individual information in accordance with the requirements of NYS Mental Hygiene Law and the Agency’s HIPAA Privacy Policies & Procedures.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma/GED and one (1) year experience working in the Human Services field preferred.
Essential Requirements: Must complete and maintain certification in Medication Administration.
Must complete and maintain certification in SCIP-R as per program or site specific needs.
Must successfully complete all OPWDD mandated training.
Must be able to perform lifting techniques required as per program or site specific needs with no restrictions.
Possession of a valid New York State driver’s license and satisfaction of the Agency’s Driving Policy, which includes a satisfactory driver’s license record (MVR).
- Job Family Intandem
- Pay Type Hourly
- Niagara Falls, NY, USA