Direct Support Professional I
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Level I (Core DSP Staff)
• Availability to work at multiple sites as required.
• Ability to work flexible hours as required, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Read, implement and document services according to individual service plans and procedures.
• Ensure safe and effective behavior management.
• Perform all duties as directed by senior staff.
• Certification in CPI (behavior certification).
Achieve and maintain (through agency training) proficiency in all of the following NYS DSP Core Competencies and Goals:
Putting People First
• Supporting a person’s unique capacities, personality and potential
• Getting to know the person through assessment
• Promoting self-advocacy
• Facilitating personal growth and development
• Facilitation of supports and services
Building and Maintaining Positive Relationships
• Supports individuals to overcome barriers and challenges
• Create meaningful communication
• Develop professional relationships
• Exhibit professional behavior
• Show respect for diversity and inclusion
• Create meaningful documentation
• Education, training , and self-development activities
• Organizational participation
• Exhibit ethical behavior on the job
Supporting Good Health
• Demonstrates and assists in meal planning and food preparation, storage and handling
• Supports health and wellness of people being served
• Supports safety of all individuals in everyday situations
• Support crisis intervention and resolution
• Ensures safety of individuals during environmental emergencies
Having A Home
• Support people to live in the home of their choice
• Help create a comfortable home environment for people being served
Promote Being Active and Productive in Society
• Support active participation in the community
• Support employment, education, and career goals wherever possible
- Job Family Intandem
- Pay Type Hourly
- Olean, NY 14760, USA