Engineer I, R&D
JOIN A TEAM COMMITTED TO IMPROVING PATIENT CARE
It takes a team of talented people to become one of the world’s leading providers of innovative medical devices.
AngioDynamics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes by focusing on the development of disruptive and differentiated technologies that address unmet patient needs and supporting professional healthcare providers around the world in the delivery of high-quality patient care.
We accomplish this through:
- A Commitment to the Highest Standards of Quality
- Relentless Innovation
- Operational Excellence
Our employees receive the highest level of training and endeavor to be the best and the brightest in the medical device industry.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit plan that supports the overall health and wellness needs of our employees and their families.
JOB SUMMARY – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Assists in the development and analysis of products, materials, processes, or equipment.Under direct supervision/guidance, compiles, analyzes and reports operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products, processes, or materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertakes and successfully completes simple or basic project/product development tasks to include any of the following: writing and/or verifying specifications, maintaining product/process documentation, testing processes, equipment, raw materials and product, and validating manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Assist in inventing / creating concepts and designs/approaches for new products/processes/test methods.
- Designs, procures, and fabricates simple tooling and fixtures.
- Designs and coordinates rudimentary engineering tests and experiments.
- Applies the Technical Development Process (TDP)/Product Development Process (PDP) methodologies, uses appropriate engineering tools (FMEA, process capability, etc.)
- Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to technical community.
- Completes basic tasks on engineering documentation.
- Train technicians/operators on new processes and/or test procedures.
- Identifies areas for improvement, suggests solutions, and submits idea records.
- Validate measurement techniques, test methods and manufacturing equipment including protocols and summary reports.
- Ensure adequate engineering studies, design verifications and process validations are conducted such that well developed products are introduced into manufacturing.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Manages in order to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements
QUALITY SYSTEMS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
QUALIFICATIONS–The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
Education and Experience
- BachelorsLevel of Degree in the Engineering/Technicalfield of study
- Equivalent work related experience acceptable in lieu of degree:Yes
- 0-2years of demonstrated experience in an Engineering role
- NoCertifications Required
- Any preferred education, experience or certifications:N/A
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office and Solidworks
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to (insert any extreme climate and/or work conditions)ambient conditions in an office setting
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to ~10 lbs
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to ~ 25 lbs
- Ability to regularly operate lab equipment, communicate via verbal and electronic communication, and be able to operate infront of a monitor. (insert physical abilities, repetitive movement, vision requirements, etc.)
- This position requires some travel up to 30% of the time
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
AngioDynamics does not accept resumes or candidate submissions from third-party recruiters and/or vendors who are not expressly under current written contract.
- Job Family 2.1 Technical Professionals
- Job Function R&D
- Pay Type Salary
- Marlborough, MA, USA