CNC Machine Operator
JOIN A TEAM COMMITTED TO IMPROVING PATIENT CARE
It takes a team of talented people to become one of the world’s leading providers of innovative medical devices.
AngioDynamics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes by focusing on the development of disruptive and differentiated technologies that address unmet patient needs and supporting professional healthcare providers around the world in the delivery of high-quality patient care.
We accomplish this through:
- A Commitment to the Highest Standards of Quality
- Relentless Innovation
- Operational Excellence
Our employees receive the highest level of training and endeavor to be the best and the brightest in the medical device industry.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit plan that supports the overall health and wellness needs of our employees and their families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting tool registers and offsets; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Set-up and adjust equipment as trained to do within the scope of the position; defer complex set-up and troubleshooting to CNC Programmer or Maintenance Technicians as directed by supervisor.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to all standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; replacing worn tools & inserts; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing daily preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuous needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Adheres strictly to all AngioDynamics safety procedures and policies at all times
- Completes all documentation as required for each work order.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work area.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Immediately communicates concerns related to the manufacturing process to supervisor, particularly those that affect safety and product quality.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Manages in order to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements
Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
Education and Experience
- High School/GED Level of Degree in the general field of study
- Equivalent work related experience acceptable in lieu of degree Yes
- 0-2 years of demonstrated experience in Machining Background with a Trade School Certification.
- No Certifications Required
- Any preferred education, experience or certifications: CNC Experience Preferred
- Ability to follow an SOP.
- Ability to read micrometers and use quality control gauges.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Basic understanding of arithmetic and geometry.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to use measuring devices such as micrometers calipers and pin gauges.
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively communication both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to Manufacturing Clean Room Environment
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 35lbs
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs
- Ability to regularly stand and walk to perform production tasks. Required to perform repetitive movement while demonstrating proficient hand and eye coordination, hand dexterity and good vision.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
AngioDynamics does not accept resumes or candidate submissions from third-party recruiters and/or vendors who are not expressly under current written contract.
- Job Family 7.0 Operatives
- Job Function Mfg Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Queensbury, NY, USA