Intern- Intellectual Property
JOIN A TEAM COMMITTED TO IMPROVING PATIENT CARE
It takes a team of talented people to become one of the world’s leading providers of innovative medical devices.
AngioDynamics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes by focusing on the development of disruptive and differentiated technologies that address unmet patient needs and supporting professional healthcare providers around the world in the delivery of high-quality patient care.
We accomplish this through:
- A Commitment to the Highest Standards of Quality
- Relentless Innovation
- Operational Excellence
Our employees receive the highest level of training and endeavor to be the best and the brightest in the medical device industry.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit plan that supports the overall health and wellness needs of our employees and their families.
AngioDynamics provides benefits to patients by being the leader in design, development, manufacturing and marketing of innovative, proprietary, therapeutic devices used by interventionalists and surgeons for the minimally invasive treatment of peripheral vascular disease, tumor therapy and other, non-vascular diseases. Our summer internship program will give interns a project based learning experience that will strive to build your understanding of how a medical device business operates, enhance your skillset and grow your network. This internship will provide practical, professional experience for the college student while contributing to the overall goals of the Intellectual Property (IP) team.
This position will provide transactional assistance to the Intellectual Property team in the daily management of AngioDynamics’ IP portfolio. The intern will learn how the IP team supports the growth of AngioDynamics’ patent portfolio and execution of the IP strategy. The intern will assume a primary role in projects working either independently or as part of a team, as well as perform other activities that will support the over all objectives of the IP team.
- Assist with patentability searches and product clearances, including both patent and literature searches.
- Under the direction of the members of the Intellectual Property team, assist during the prosecution of US patent applications by conducting research of prior art and help draft responses to office actions.
- Learn about the IDS requirement of the USPTO and assist the Intellectual Property team in completing/updating IDS requirements.
- When requested, assist in due diligence activities by researching third party IP portfolio summaries.
- Assist in updating and maintaining family trees.
- Assist in the review and revision of licensing agreements involving intellectual property.
- Assist in patent litigation related work if necessary.
- Attend and participate in department meetings.
- Use Excel, Word, Project Management, or Visio to create correspondence, spreadsheets, forms, graphs, flowcharts, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant quality and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- JD candidate from an accredited law school
- Bachelor level degree in the Science or Engineering field of study preferred
- Preferably has completed at least one introductory course for Intellectual Property
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
AngioDynamics does not accept resumes or candidate submissions from third-party recruiters and/or vendors who are not expressly under current written contract.
- Job Family 5.1 Administrative Support
- Job Function General
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Required Education High School
- Latham, NY 12110, USA