IT Service Desk Technician
JOIN A TEAM COMMITTED TO IMPROVING PATIENT CARE
It takes a team of talented people to become one of the world’s leading providers of innovative medical devices.
AngioDynamics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes by focusing on the development of disruptive and differentiated technologies that address unmet patient needs and supporting professional healthcare providers around the world in the delivery of high-quality patient care.
We accomplish this through:
- A Commitment to the Highest Standards of Quality
- Relentless Innovation
- Operational Excellence
Our employees receive the highest level of training and endeavor to be the best and the brightest in the medical device industry.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit plan that supports the overall health and wellness needs of our employees and their families.
This position is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to all levels of the organization, acting independently as the first technical point of contact for internal customers.The role requires prompt and thorough responsiveness, meeting IT deliverables to ensure business quality and continuity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows corporate policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and other items as they relate to business practices and/or legal and regulatory compliance.
- Analyze and resolve incidents and problems efficiently for end user hardware, software, and accounts, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Configure, deploy, install, and troubleshoot laptops, desktops, mobile devices, printers, approved software, computer components, and other peripherals.
- Provide timely support onsite, remotely, and over the phone while using the ITSM tool to log, triage, and document each incident.
- Participate in on-call rotation and the global IT call center.
- Procure standardized hardware and software from approved vendors, escalating non-standard issue requests as appropriate.
- Manage change activities for employee events (new hire, termination, transfer) through the creation and execution of Change Management tickets.
- Assign roles and permissions to network resources such as SharePoint sites, file shares, and ERP systems.
- Manage client-side end point protection, reacting to alerts and proactively performing updates as needed.
- Facilitate maintenance and repairs of IT assets with approved vendors.
- Support the setup and use of audio/visual components for meetings.
- Create and maintain end user knowledge articles, as well as provide training when needed. Also maintain IT documentation as changes occur.
- Administer and support telecommunications accounts, services, and equipment.
- Assist in onsite support for the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network infrastructure equipment.
- Remain up to date on current technologies that are applicable to the business.
- Participate in assigned projects supporting IT and business goals and objectives.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Manages in order to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements
QUALITY SYSTEMS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
QUALIFICATIONS–The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
Education and Experience
- Associate'sLevel of Degree in the ITfield of study Preferred
- Equivalent work related experience acceptable in lieu of degree - Yes
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in an IT service desk support role required.
- 5+ years of experience required in lieu of degree.
- NoCertifications Required
- Any preferred education, experience or certifications:MCSA, MCSE, A+, or Network+ certifications.
- Must be able to perform mathematical analysis, such as add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals as well as a demonstrated ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Demonstrated understanding of troubleshooting printers, laptops, desktops, software, and various mobile devices.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, act independently, and seek assistance when required after exhausting available resources.
- Prior experience in call-center situations helpful.
- Familiarity with mobile device management tasks, Mac OS, and basic networking concepts.
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office 365, latest Microsoft Windows operating system, Internet Explorer/Edge, and iOS.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively communication both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance, instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to (insert any extreme climate and/or work conditions)standard office environment
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 20lbs
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, change positions frequently, using both hands independently or simultaneously, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear to perform the essential duties of this job.Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.(insert physical abilities, repetitive movement, vision requirements, etc.)
- This position requires some travel up to 20% of the time
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
AngioDynamics does not accept resumes or candidate submissions from third-party recruiters and/or vendors who are not expressly under current written contract.
- Job Family 3.0 Technicians
- Job Function IT
- Pay Type Hourly
- Queensbury, NY, USA