JOIN A TEAM COMMITTED TO IMPROVING PATIENT CARE
It takes a team of talented people to become one of the world’s leading providers of innovative medical devices.
AngioDynamics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes by focusing on the development of disruptive and differentiated technologies that address unmet patient needs and supporting professional healthcare providers around the world in the delivery of high-quality patient care.
We accomplish this through:
- A Commitment to the Highest Standards of Quality
- Relentless Innovation
- Operational Excellence
Our employees receive the highest level of training and endeavor to be the best and the brightest in the medical device industry.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit plan that supports the overall health and wellness needs of our employees and their families.
JOB SUMMARY – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
To provide leadership for Manufacturing Operations.Responsible for day to day activities supporting medical devise manufacturing, to include management of Manufacturing (Molding, Assembly and Customs), Manufacturing Engineering and Facilities.Ensure optimization of these functions and the creation and continuation of World Class Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build a world class manufacturing operation with the emphasis on product quality, efficiency, capacity planning, low costs, productivity and human resources.
- Ensure the identification, evaluation, and implementation of cost effective and highly responsive manufacturing including continuous improvement, JIT, automation, process flow, lean manufacturing,
- Review production plans and performance and provide appropriate direction to achieve committed customer service levels.
- Review financial information and participate in the formulation of plans to resolve variance issues for all manufacturing related cost variances.
- Drive an increasingly-participative, team-oriented and empowered workforce.
- Lead or support all major facilities improvement projects such as major facility enhancements, complete product line transfers, or new product start-ups.
- Develop and implement, maintenance, facilitiesand machine shop service and staffing plans which minimize overhead costs and provide required support.
- Perform performance management tasks for all direct reports through performance appraisalsystem, as well as formal and informal recognition when appropriate.
- Prepare annual manufacturing department budgets, review expense spending and provide corrective action as necessary to meet budgetary commitments..
- Support all corporate and local safety initiatives to strive for a safe work environment.
- Work with the leadership team in the implementation of strategic plans and business objectives, organizing these plans into specific goals for the manufacturing operations team.
- Participate in the planning and support of new product introductions by effective coordination of support group efforts in a single site or across multiple facilities.
- Represent Manufacturing operations on all major inter-company information systems projects.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Manages in order to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements
QUALITY SYSTEMS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support.Ensure all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented
QUALIFICATIONS–The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
Education and Experience
- BachelorsLevel of Degree in the Business Administration, technicalor relatedfield of study
- Equivalent work related experience acceptable in lieu of degreeYes
- 3years of demonstrated experience in a management/leadership position within a manufacturing/logistics environment; 5 years of experience with an Associates Degree
- NoCertifications Required
- Any preferred education, experience or certifications:Experience in medical device is preferred
- Strong progressive leader with work experience within a complex, fast paced, materials intensive operation, which has experienced rapid growth.
- Demonstrated team player and an agent for change.The incumbent will bring strong organizational and leadership skills to effectively manage employees and operations and provide a motivating, cost effective, quality oriented work environment.
- Strong experience in managing a complex regulated manufacturing organization, including knowledge of internal cost/control systems, manufacturing control systems, progressive manufacturing practices, and how to apply them successfully.
- Demonstratedmanagement style which emphasizes vision, vitality, teamwork, communication, and commitment.A leader with the ability to inspire and develop people, and motivate/build a high commitment team.
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance, instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to Standard Office, Warehouse/Distribution and Clean room environments
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10lbs
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30lbs
- Ability to regularly sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- This position requires some travel up to 30% of the time
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
AngioDynamics does not accept resumes or candidate submissions from third-party recruiters and/or vendors who are not expressly under current written contract.
- Job Family 1.1 Executives & Directors
- Job Function Mfg Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Queensbury, NY, USA