Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
JOIN A TEAM COMMITTED TO IMPROVING PATIENT CARE
It takes a team of talented people to become one of the world’s leading providers of innovative medical devices.
AngioDynamics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes by focusing on the development of disruptive and differentiated technologies that address unmet patient needs and supporting professional healthcare providers around the world in the delivery of high-quality patient care.
We accomplish this through:
- A Commitment to the Highest Standards of Quality
- Relentless Innovation
- Operational Excellence
Our employees receive the highest level of training and endeavor to be the best and the brightest in the medical device industry.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit plan that supports the overall health and wellness needs of our employees and their families.
JOB SUMMARY – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Assist in establishing Operation goals and objectives.Effectively communicate goals and objectives to the hourly work force. Act in a leadership role in Organizational Teams (i.e., new product launches, product line transfers, ISO Surveillance, etc.).Ensure efficient operation of processes across multiple shifts.Provide effective communication to Management of organizational needs and concerns. As mentioned, good communication skills are extremely important in order to ensure the hourly work force and Management are kept current on manufacturing issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Department Management:
- Identify and lead quality, cost, labor efficiency, customer service initiatives
- Communication with off-shift Supervisor or Coordinator on department performance and potential issues
- Daily plan is reviewed prior to shift start and oversight of staffing, raw materials and equipment allocation is reviewed
- Periodic review of Daily Business Metrics to ensure requirements are being met
- Oversight for course correction if needed
- Notification of non-conformance must be addressed immediately
- Ownership of NCR (Non-conforming report) and product disposition
- Elevated personnel issues must be managed in an appropriate and timely manner
- Leadership support to front line leaders on issues related to quality, human resources, equipment and trouble shooting that could not be resolved in a timely manner
- Meet daily production plans, proactively identify and resolve issues
- Meet quality and regulatory objectives by ensuring compliance to quality systems
- Risk Management:
- Identify areas of potential risk and opportunity that could impact the departments performance
- Raw material issues, training needs, equipment condition
- Management of performance indicators
- Assist in the development and communication of department goals in order to achieve effective core metric performance, educate personnel on metric definition, importance to department and how they impact performance
- Provide ownership of metric administration to ensure performance indicators are current and goals are up-to-date
- Periodic performance review of all department personnel.
- Leadership Support:
- Encourage involvement and provide communication on key business initiatives (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, VIP’s, etc.)
- Mentor, teach and provide advice to leadership support
- Facilitate daily communication meetings.
- Human Resource Management:
- Leadership Development
- Identification of training and mentoring requirements for front line leadership jobs
- Ensure there is sufficient depth within front line leadership jobs
- Identify training requirements based on assessment of skills, department activities and performance
- Promote, monitor and ensure a safe work environment and adhere to all safety policies
- Be involved in the interviewing and selecting of front line leadership and other department personnel.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Manages in order to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements
QUALITY SYSTEMS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support.Ensure all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented
QUALIFICATIONS–The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
Education and Experience
- BachelorsLevel of Degree in the relatedfield of study
- Equivalent work related experience acceptable in lieu of degreeYes
- 3 (7 with HS/GED)years of demonstrated experience in a distribution, manufacturing and/or warehouse environment.
- N/ACertifications Required
- Any preferred education, experience or certifications:Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt; Lean Certification or APICS a plus.
- Experience withworld class manufacturing practices (i.e., kaizen, TQM, SPC, high performance work teams)
- Proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team.
- Proven ability to flourish in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance, instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to (insert any extreme climate and/or work conditions)Manufacturing operations within a clean room environment along with a standard office environment
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10lbs
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 35lbs
- Ability to regularly sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- This position requires some travel up to 10% of the time
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
AngioDynamics does not accept resumes or candidate submissions from third-party recruiters and/or vendors who are not expressly under current written contract.
- Job Family 1.3 Supervisors
- Job Function Mfg Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Queensbury, NY, USA