Principal Engineer R&D
JOIN A TEAM COMMITTED TO IMPROVING PATIENT CARE
It takes a team of talented people to become one of the world’s leading providers of innovative medical devices.
AngioDynamics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes by focusing on the development of disruptive and differentiated technologies that address unmet patient needs and supporting professional healthcare providers around the world in the delivery of high-quality patient care.
We accomplish this through:
- A Commitment to the Highest Standards of Quality
- Relentless Innovation
- Operational Excellence
Our employees receive the highest level of training and endeavor to be the best and the brightest in the medical device industry.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit plan that supports the overall health and wellness needs of our employees and their families.
JOB SUMMARY – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
This position is responsible for leading the technical aspects of design and development of new medical device/equipment products from research and initial concept stage through to release and includes evaluating designs through modeling and testing. This is an experienced technical position which leads the core product development research and technical design, working and collaborating with senior management, customers, and may include supervision of junior staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and test the feasibility of new and/or revised product concepts.
- Research and analyze design concepts.
- Interface with clinical experts to define product performance requirements.
- Identify product performance problems and recommend solutions.
- Translate concepts into design prototypes.
- Conduct technical research and based on findings, provide design recommendations on raw materials, components, packaging and finished product design.
- Conduct and/or oversee design testing.
- Provide technical leadership.
- Comply with design control procedures and GMPs.
- Develop and/or assist in the finalization of engineering drawings.
- Provide technical design data required for regulatory submissions.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Manages in order to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements
QUALITY SYSTEMS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support.Ensure all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented
QUALIFICATIONS–The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor'sLevel of Degree in the Engineeringfield of study
- Equivalent work related experience acceptable in lieu of degree: No
- 10years of demonstrated experience in research & development engineering experience, with at least 8 years in the medical device industry OR 8 yrs R&D engineering experiencewith earned PhD
- NoCertifications Required
- Any preferred education, experience or certifications:Advanced engineering degree preferred
- Extensive experience in statistical analysis and application of process capabilities.
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Project lead experience taking new concept, into design and through to market delivery, Solidworks and Minitab software a plus.
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: MS Office products, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance, instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to ambient conditions in an office setting
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 15lbs.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to regularly operate lab equipment, communicate via verbal and electronic communication, and be able to operate in front of a monitor.
- This position requires some travel up to 30% of the time
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
AngioDynamics does not accept resumes or candidate submissions from third-party recruiters and/or vendors who are not expressly under current written contract.
- Job Family 1.2 Managers
- Job Function R&D
- Pay Type Salary
- Marlborough, MA, USA