Sr. Commercial Finance Analyst
JOIN A TEAM COMMITTED TO IMPROVING PATIENT CARE
It takes a team of talented people to become one of the world’s leading providers of innovative medical devices.
AngioDynamics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes by focusing on the development of disruptive and differentiated technologies that address unmet patient needs and supporting professional healthcare providers around the world in the delivery of high-quality patient care.
We accomplish this through:
- A Commitment to the Highest Standards of Quality
- Relentless Innovation
- Operational Excellence
Our employees receive the highest level of training and endeavor to be the best and the brightest in the medical device industry.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit plan that supports the overall health and wellness needs of our employees and their families.
The Sr. Commercial Finance Analyst acts as a business partner to the Sales & Marketing management teams. He/she manages the planning processes, provides monthly and quarterly reporting and analysis of results, and provides systems & process support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes trends in key metrics and drivers to facilitate the monthly review of actual financial results compared to the budgets and forecasts at multiple levels.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analysis of sales and gross margin including but not limited to customer level variance analysis and identification and monitoring of other business drivers.
- Prepare monthlyand quarterly sales and gross margin walks (including the calculations for FX, price and cost impacts) and understand drivers of these at the product line level.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly variance analysis for all operating expenses and other key financial reporting.
- Identify, implement and track the effectiveness of gross margin and operating expense improvement projects.
- Drive process with Sales and Marketing staff to develop annual budget, quarterly forecasts and ad-hoc outlooks.
- Identify, analyze and interpret meaningful financial trends and propose action plans for improvement
- Develop and leverage strong relationships to understand the cause and effect of business decisions and drive improved financial outcomes.
- Provide analytical/special project support to Sales & Marketing management. Support Sales & Marketing leaders in understanding actuals and the budgeting/forecasting process.
- Deliver continuous improvement into management reporting, driving clear and consistent understanding of performance, highlight actionable opportunities, and supporting the optimization of resource allocation.
- Facilitate efficient business finance support across the organization through standardization of policy, process and presentation, combined with automation and systemization.
- Assist and support implementation of financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting system.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Manages in order to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements
QUALITY SYSTEMS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
QUALIFICATIONS–The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Level of Degree in the Finance or Accountingfield of study
- Equivalent work related experience acceptable in lieu of degree - No
- 6 – 8 years of demonstrated experience in financial analysis, planning, and business support
- N/A Certifications Required
- Any preferred education, experience or certifications: MBA, Project accounting experience
- Experience in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work well in a complex, highly matrixed worldwide organization and be able to simplify that matrix for reporting and analytical purposes.
- Strong systems skills. Prefer familiarity with Enterprise, Planning, and Oracle.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Ability to consolidate, synthesize and report on large amounts of financial data.
- Very strong financial analysis skills. Attention to detail & data accuracy.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work autonomously and act in a consultative role.
- Exceptional organizational & time management skills are crucial. Environment is fast-paced and multi-tasking is essential.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance, instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to standard office environment
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 15lbs.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to regularly sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- This position requires some travel up to 0% of the time
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
AngioDynamics does not accept resumes or candidate submissions from third-party recruiters and/or vendors who are not expressly under current written contract.
- Job Family 2.0 Administrative Professionals
- Job Function Finance
- Pay Type Salary
- Latham Headquarters, 14 Plaza Drive, Latham, New York, United States of America
- Marlborough, MA, USA