Alta Resources is Hiring!
This position is responsible for all activities necessary to complete location specific end-to-end payroll process including coordination, consolidation and analysis of payroll information in a timely and accurate manner in accordance to both legal and company standards. Responsible for preparation of company and/or governmental reports as needed. All activities are time sensitive and require a high degree of dependability, attention to detail, confidentiality, and diligence.
Primarily responsible for keeping abreast with new and relevant local labor regulatory requirements that may affect employee compensation and payroll process.
• Provides support for Human Resources and Accounting in wage and salary administration and budgeting and general ledger by maintaining payroll master data of new and existing employee.
• Ensures that new hires, employee statuses, payroll changes, bonuses/incentives, and termination are process in a timely manner, update or coordinate the changes to the HRIS tables according to standard operating procedure.
• Ensures the accurate and timely processing of new hire paperwork, including direct deposit and banking changes, and related tax forms.
• Responsible for the deduction, remittance and payment of all government mandated contribution/deduction.
• Ensures accuracy of time tracking by working closely with department leadership to avoid payroll disputes;
• Lead investigation, provide and communicate resolution to payroll disputes: make necessary adjustment to payroll data and arrange for salary credit immediately or to the next payroll cutoff.
• Responsible for the accuracy of final pay computation of terminated employee; ensure all appropriate time worked, incentive, and any arears are credited, while accountabilities such as but not limited to salary loan, advance payment, damage/lost company properties, are deducted accordingly; maintain final pay database, prepare and release final pay documents to the terminated employee; explain the computation as needed.
• Answers employee and management inquiries when appropriate.
• Ensures compliance with applicable government wages and hours law.
• Studies standard procedures to improve efficiency.
• Coordinates all payroll related audits and assist with any payroll related audit inquires.
• Generate payroll related certificate such as contribution, loan remittances to government offices, tax withheld, etc. upon employee request.
• Prepares monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports (tax payment, garnishment benefit, etc.) for government.
• Manages deductions for benefits and ensure allowance payment are accurate, processed on time, and in accordance with employment agreements and standard operating procedures.
• Participate in new hire orientation to discuss policy and guideline relating to payroll.
• Conduct payroll orientation to employees and leaders.
Perform other payroll related tasks as assigned.
MINIMUM COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Work Experience: Five years of local specific experience working with multinational payroll with at least 500 employees is required. Five years’ experience as primary individual responsible for end-to-end payroll processing for a company of at least 1,000 employees in multiple countries including the U.S. is preferred.
Skills: Knowledge in local specific, U.S. and states that Alta operates within government mandated rules and regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• English proficiency required.
• Flexibility to work evenings majority of the time although periodic shift adjustments.
• Strong attention to details, organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to identify problems and implement resolutions.
• Working knowledge of computer technology that include: Intermediate Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and an ERP systems; ability to lean and understand software and other technology applications and introduced.
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects and strict adherence to deadlines, company policies, and government regulations
• Ability to identify common issues and come forward with potential solutions or include the parties needed to solve.
• Knowledge of processing mandatory registration and transactions with local government
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines