Building Maintenance Facilities Intern
Alta Resources is Hiring!
Assist in the completion of the day-to-day activities, involving the maintenance of the building/facility, equipment and machinery including HVAC, building lighting systems, plumbing, electrical, elevators, grounds keeping, security and overall facility appearance. Assist in the coordination and scheduling of the work of contractors who repair and maintain building/facility, equipment and machinery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, this person, from time to time, will need to be able to work independently and on their own with little supervision. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with tasks that comprise a defined preventive maintenance program, which includes all HVAC , backup power (UPS and Generator), elevators, sprinkler/suppression systems, as well as maintenance and repair of buildings and equipment.
- Assist with the contracting with and supervising of all outside contractors; maintaining those vendor relationships.
- Perform simple maintenance and repairs within the building or on grounds relating to areas such as plumbing, HVAC, electrical, building appliances, paint touch-up, landscaping, sprinklers, snow/ice removal etc.
- Schedule annual fire extinguisher checks and semiannual local Fire Dept. inspections; maintain inspection posting for sprinklers, elevators, and fire extinguishers. Schedule other PM activities for HVAC, Electrical, UPS, Generator, etc.
- Perform furniture transport within building, conference room set-up, small scale cubical set-up etc.
- Assist with Alta evacuation procedures and processes.
- Regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability as well as ability to be on call in event of emergency are conditions of employment and essential function of this position.
This job has no supervisory or leadership responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individual must possess strong problem solving ability, excellent communication skills, and be self motivated. Individual must have skills in areas that include but are not limited to: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, machine repair, painting, janitorial and general facility maintenance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Currently attending or enrolled in post secondary school (College or Vocational School) and working towards obtaining a degree in HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Facility Management or similar program. Two or more years of trade (electrical, plumbing, general construction) experience preferred.
TECHNOLOGY SKILL BASE
This position requires a working knowledge of computer technology that includes: Beginning Word and EXCEL, internet and Outlook. Individuals must possess the ability to learn and understand new software and other technology applications related to facility management as introduced by Alta Resources.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for up to eight hours, and stand. Manual dexterity which allows the individual to use hands to type on a keyboard, use a mouse and write are required, as is the ability to talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily production/technical nature.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment for which this position functions contains scents and fragrances related to product samples that are necessary to have on site in order to complete the essential job functions of this position or others positions within the same area. Due to the nature of this work individuals are required to be onsite during hours designated by the Client, however, the occasion will arise when the employee must be off-site due to business functions.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Neenah, WI, 120 N Commercial St, Neenah, Wisconsin, United States of America