IT Infrastructure Systems Engineer II
Alta Resources is Hiring!
The Systems Engineer's role is to design, engineer, develop, implement, launch, and maintain one or more systems and services from among, but not limited to
servers, thin clients, network services, application systems, databases, storage systems, and data archiving systems in support of Alta Resources core
technology infrastructure. The Systems Engineer ensures the stability and integrity of the core technology. The Systems Engineer executes work activity in accordance with the overall strategic plans developed by IT Architects.
This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve technology issues in a timely and accurate fashion in order to maximize the benefit of Alta Resources core technologies.
Essential Duties & Responsibility
- Strategy & Planning
- Assist in the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and services in conjunction with system owners and department managers.
- Assist in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new strategies for improving or further leveraging systems.
- Assist in the researching of new hardware and software products; assist in coordination of feasibility studies and recommendations for products under consideration for purchase.
- Analyze system usage and plan for growth or increases in capacity and/or licensing
- Execution and Service Delivery
- Assist in the engineering, planning, design, development, deployment and maintenance of one or more systems and services from among but not limited to servers, thin clients, network services, application systems, databases, storage systems, and data archiving systems.
- Engineer technologies that provide compatibility, interoperability, availability, security, and uptime of all systems.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing infrastructure.
- Provide technical expertise and engineering services for all supported technology.
- Work with IT staff (Project Managers, Architects, other Engineers, development staff, etc.) to assist in the development of architectures, standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to supported systems and services.
- Respond to and resolve system access and performance issues.
- Ensure that the deployments of supported systems and services meet business requirements and goals, as well as fulfill user requirements
- Manage the remote access, security, and collaboration solutions across the organization
- Maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to supported systems and services.
- Perform transaction and security audits as necessary.
- Monitor system and services (servers, network, applications, database, storage systems, etc.) performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, and other network appliances.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for thin client system administration and appropriate use
- Conduct research on products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the industry.
- Practice asset management, including maintenance of hardware component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Implement new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure products and services.
- Provide 24x7 on call rotation support for all supported technologies.
- Communication and Collaboration
- Collaborate with all necessary leadership and staff members in the planning, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of new and existing technology solutions.
- Gain commitment on decisions through collaboration and persuasion; be able to inspire enthusiasm and commitment in others at all levels of the organization.
- Communicate effectively by displaying strong verbal and written skills. Listen for understanding.
- Exhibit the ability to translate complex technical topics into understandable business language in order to explain and justify technical needs and solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Provide subject matter expertise and direction as necessary for operational support and training of personnel for modified and new systems.
POSITION AND LEVEL – SCOPE
DIMENSIONS, REQUIREMENTS, SERVICE METRICS
2-year technical degree or an
Four-year college or university
IT-related field preferred
5 years of IT experience required. At
> 99% availability outside of
Provide on-call coverage within the
TECHNOLOGY SKILL BASE
A working knowledge of computer technology that includes: Microsoft Office technologies along with multiple VMware vCenters with multiple VMware Clusters, Active Directory with multiple domains, Amazon AWS and Azure/Office 365, Dell Servers and Blade systems, multiple Dell EMC Unity SANs, Brocade Fiber Channel switches, Citrix Xen App and Citrix Xen Desktop, Microsoft Windows 2012 and 2016, MS Exchange, Share Point, Project, System Center and Alta designated software. Also, individuals must possess the ability to learn and understand new software and other technology applications as introduced by our Clients and Alta Resources.
This position requires advanced technology skills pertaining to one or more of the disciplines the position will support, including but not limited to servers, thin clients, network services, application services, databases, storage systems, and data archiving systems.
Alta Resources is an equal employment opportunity employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Neenah, WI, 120 N Commercial St, Neenah, Wisconsin, United States of America