Director of Advancement Services
Each Albright employee has a hand in educating future generations of adaptable, global citizens. Join us!
1. Provide strategic direction and management of the advancement services unit and supervise staff in gift processing and receipting, database management, data analytics and reporting and prospect management and research.2. Provide leadership in partnering with the Office of Digital Strategy and Infrastructure (DSI) to ensure integrity of reporting, efficient automated processes and the highest level of operation. Ensure the integration with other databases and systems within the division and on campus.3. Provide strategic direction in partnering with the Office of Finance. Conduct monthly reconciliation meetings with Finance.4. Partner with the Annual Fund team in achieving the goals of its multichannel fundraising program.5. Partner with the Major and Planned Giving team in achieving the goals of the donor engagement process.6. Oversee and manage the implementation of surveys and campaign studies.7. Prepare and manage the budget for the Advancement Services unit.
1. Lead the data integrity working group and serve as the database steward. Ensure the overall accuracy and reliability of the college’s alumni and donor data, systems and reporting.2. Supervise the reporting function, review reports for clarity and adherence to reporting standards, completeness and accuracy.3. Oversee data audits to identify data integrity issues and resolve data issues; build and implement a data management plan.4. Consult on the design and implementation of an alumni engagement score to be housed within the CRM and measured annually for each individual constituent and overall aggregate for the alumni base.5. Ensure the department pursues continual maintenance of data stored in the advancement database and data integrity.6. Assess and analyze new technologies in software, hardware and storage systems to make appropriate recommendations for informational and archival requirements for donor records as well as alumni outreach.7. Evaluate and recommend solutions to providing an effective CRM experience for front-line fundraisers.
1. Develop advancement services processes, practices and policies to support data-informed decision making for all program areas across the Advancement Division.2. Responsible for remaining up-to-date on CASE standards related to charitable giving. Prepare annual VSE report and apply IRS tax laws and regulations regarding gift administration.3. Develop, update when necessary and implement all department gift and donor policies, including the College’s Gift Acceptance Policy, naming policy, campaign counting policy and all other related policies and standard agreements.a. Maintain and update inventory of naming opportunities.b. Develop and approve all gift agreements working with major gifts team.4. Partner with AVP of Major Gifts and Planned Giving in the administration of bequests to the College.5. Manage the pledge reminder, verification and review process to ensure pledges are fulfilled on a timely basis and when necessary, written off in accordance with accounting standards and audit requirements.6. Partner with AVP of Alumni and Donor engagement to effectively collect data to feed into the engagement scorecard as well as provide regular data to campus partners.
1. Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated experience administering alumni and donor data systems and processes in an educational or non-profit environment.2. Demonstrated skill in developing queries, reports and dashboards and understanding the importance and mechanics of data segmentation.3. Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects, competing priorities and challenging deadlines.4. Strong communication skills and responsiveness when interacting with internal partners.5. Extraordinary attention to detail and commitment to accuracy in all aspects of work6. Strong background in the management of information systems/CRMs and systems integration.7. Knowledge of current advancement technology, tools, applications and systems including but not limited to CRM, online giving, event management, communication, and stewardship systems.8. Experience in SQL or MsSQL essential.9. Demonstrated commitment to building an inclusive and equitable Albright community, as described in Albright College’s Inclusivity and Equity Statement.
1. Five years of experience overseeing alumni and donor data systems and services.2. Experience with Millennium database.3. Demonstrated experience in a higher education setting.4. Outcomes-oriented work ethic5. Respect for confidentiality, prudence and discretion.6. Comprehensive campaign experience
At Albright, we believe
our differences make us stronger and empower us to better understand and respect one another in a just and fair manner. With this in mind, the College recruits, houses, educates, employs, supports, and generally celebrates people of all statuses, identities, and backgrounds, including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, religious or spiritual identity, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, veteran status, political affiliation, and physical and mental ability. Albright College is an EEO employer and, as stated above, is actively committed to inclusivity within its community. In pursuit of that, we actively encourage diversity in all dimensions among applicants for this position. For more information on Albright’s demonstrated commitment to building an inclusive and equitable academic community, please click on the following link: Albright College’s Inclusivity and Equity Statement.
Additional information about Albright College is available at www.albright.edu.
- Job Family Administrator
- Pay Type Salary
- Reading, PA Campus, 1621 N 13th St, Reading, Pennsylvania, United States of America