At Advance Financial, our mission is to be the leading retailer of Financial Services in the communities that we serve by building strong and profitable relationships with our employees and our customers.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for accurate data and reporting that goes out to investors and the management team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for reconciliations of store and payment center transactions and certain bank activities in order to limit risk of loss in a high volume cash intensive business. He or She will act as a gatekeeper for all transactions that occur on the retail store and payment center level. The Staff Accountant will assist the Accounts Payable Department with invoice entry as needed. A successful employee will demonstrate strong attention to detail, deliver exceptional customer service at all times, and serve as a role model to other employees in attitude and performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify that all procedures and policies are followed in the stores as a result of reconciliation process.
- Identify and report variances having a direct impact to the business to management.
- Prepare reports for management’s review.
- Perform daily check cashing reconciliation.
- Perform daily vendor reconciliation.
- Perform store cash reconciliation.
- Perform other daily reconciliations as needed.
- Enter invoices into Accounts Payable as needed.
- Treat customers and co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, state and federal laws.
- Participate in ongoing learning and development of the Accounting function.
- Communicate that with peers, management, and vendors.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills with both peers and management.
- Ability to perform complex reconciliations and make business decisions based on numerous factors.
- Ability to be able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- CPA a plus
- 1+ years accounting experience
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Strong analytical skills; ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong listening skills
We are in the business of serving others… that is what we do, who we are, and why we are here; therefore, we will strive to always serve our customers with courtesy, efficiency and integrity.
We value our employees as our most important asset; therefore, we will strive to serve our employees with the same respect and consideration, which we expect them to show our customers.
Because we offer a wide variety of services, we are growing faster than any other company in the area. That means great opportunities and awesome earnings potential for enthusiastic, friendly and professional people who want to be part of the Advance Financial team.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Friday, January 22, 2021
- 100 Oceanside Dr, Nashville, TN 37204, USA