We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as our Strategic Housing Officer for Equitable Development.
This important role will play a key role in Virginia Housing’s project development, community lending and relationship building initiatives. The person will have the opportunity to shape Virginia Housing’s efforts as we strive to develop relationships and expand outreach efforts, with an emphasis in creating new opportunities that fosters expanded housing opportunities in and/or for communities of color. As part of the Strategic Housing team, the Officer will develop strategies to finance affordable housing and economic revitalization, form partnerships with community leaders, lenders, developers, and other partners, as well as manage relationships with nonprofit, for-profit, resource partners, and governmental entities. The Officer also will work on the leading edge of policy and program development to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in all dimensions of engagement with customers and stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving as catalyst, bringing diverse groups together to address difficult unmet housing needs
- Leading the development and implementation of policies and strategies to expand Virginia Housing’s outreach to communities of color and with a focus on further inclusion with partners and stakeholders
- Working to promote affordable housing and community revitalization through education, local government and community interaction
Qualified candidates must possess
- Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, urban planning, community development, business administration or similar area or equivalent professional/technical certification
- 5+ years in affordable housing, economic/community development, finance and affordable housing issues
- A broad knowledge of low-and-moderate income housing programs
- Hands-on experience working with diverse, multi-cultural stakeholders
- Extensive travel (50 – 75%) required
- Demonstrated skills in innovative problem solving, facilitation, negotiations, public speaking, written and oral communications, process development, and leadership
Preferred experience includes extensive experience in housing and preferably affordable housing including the current policy environment. Experience in project management, policy analysis, and intergovernmental activities. Spanish speaker preferred but not required.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $69,926 - $90,902
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -