Desktop Systems Engineer
This important role will be part of the End User Services team and oversee the monitoring, maintaining and evaluating of the architecture and integration of all desktop, laptop and associated peripheral devices for Virginia Housing. The Systems Engineer provides subject matter expertise for support and guidance to the organization regarding long-term strategic planning, information security and quality of the environment, assuring stability and reliability of Virginia Housing’s endpoint and application platforms.
Responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating Desktop Lifecycle Management strategy, ensure accuracy and providing recommendations to IT Leadership
- Providing assurance that endpoint devices are updated with current, stable versions of software products; maintaining currency with operating system and support software
- Assisting in planning and deployment of major desktop hardware/software upgrades and ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed
- Monitoring and ensuring endpoint patch compliance and alignment with industry standards, ensuring technologists are following procedures, mitigating known risks and utilizing due diligence
- Acquiring and maintaining current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies, evaluating desktop/laptop technology offerings from various vendors and planning for future technology changes
- Working with Software Licensing Specialist to maintain PC/workstation-based application software versions, software deployment and license tracking and recommending refreshment timeline for software upgrades
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience in the design and support of enterprise endpoint technology
- Experience with desktop, server and mobile device technologies
- Extensive experience with SCCM including design, proofs of concept, pilot implementations, packaging and image deployment technologies
- Knowledge and experience with Directory Services, Exchange and ADS
- Project management and methodology experience with the ability to serve as a technical lead/coordinator
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with endpoint security and related concepts
Preferred experience includes:
- MCSA and/or MCSE certification
- At least five years of experience in Desktop Architecture/Engineering or application packaging
- Experience with multi-platform and operating systems environments
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at https://vhdacareers.com/.
This position will close at midnight on 4/25/2021
Hiring Range: $80,418 - $104,542
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $80,418.00
- Max Hiring Rate $104,542.00
- Richmond, VA, USA