We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a VMWare Engineer .
This important role will drive the evolution of infrastructure across the enterprise, to help grow and protect Virginia Housing’s business. The VMWare Engineer provides technical expertise to plan, install, implement, manage and monitor public/private cloud and hyper converged solutions for Virginia Housing. This role requires insight into emerging infrastructure technology and business trends, an understanding of security threats and risks and a strong knowledge of current technology standards, frameworks and best practices. The position ensures solutions meet business objectives and establishes and maintains a high level of user trust and confidence in the IT group's knowledge of and concern for users' business needs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting Virginia Housing’s VMWare virtual server environments, including NSX, vSphere and vSAN in a hyper converged infrastructure
- Provisioning of new servers, server automation, provisioning storage, performing application setup, hardware and OS upgrades, diagnosing issues with applications running on the server, shell scripting, debugging network configuration, responding to problem tickets for issues reported by clients, writing formal RCA for production problems, providing feedback to architecture and development teams
- Installing and maintaining cloud-based applications, systems, or associated infrastructures and ensuring that appropriate information security standards are met
- Ensuring environmental integrity, monitoring real time performance and isolating operational bottlenecks by analyzing and diagnosing problems from monitors, dumps and other available information
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience
- Several years of experience in IT, which includes systems experience with multi-platform environments (operating systems and significant PC or client/server platform knowledge)
- Experience participating on multi-discipline, high-performance work teams/groups in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing new technology and processes, including design, and implementation of Storage and/or Virtual server infrastructure
- Demonstrated expertise designing and administering Virtual server and Storage environment
- Demonstrated competency in project management experience with effective management of resources in the execution of multiple projects
- Successfully worked with customers to develop effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Data Center and/or Cloud Certification and experience in a hybrid Cloud environment is preferred
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at https://vhdacareers.com/.
This position will close at midnight on Friday, April 30, 2021.
Hiring Range: $80,418 - $104,542
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $80,418.00
- Max Hiring Rate $104,542.00
- Richmond, VA, USA