Director of Homeownership Finance
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Director of Homeownership Finance.
This important role will involve the direction and management of all financial aspects of Virginia Housing’s homeownership programs. The Director will manage the acquisition of external capital, the design and development of new lending programs and the revision and improvement of existing lending programs and the financial risk profile of the homeownership program and Virginia Housing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of the acquisition of external capital to fund Virginia Housing’s homeownership loan programs through the issuance of tax-exempt and taxable securities and through the securitization of loans.
- Direction of the design and development of new homeownership lending programs and the revision and improvement of existing lending programs.
- Oversight and management of the analysis of the assets and liabilities of the Authority and the generation of pro forma cash flow projections to ensure adequacy of capital and liquidity.
- Performance of profitability, variance, cost/benefit, cash flow, liquidity and other forms of financial analysis.
- Participation in divisional and enterprise-wide operational and strategic planning.
- Providing leadership, mentoring and an active interest in the professional development of direct reporting staff.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or other relevant degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Many years of experience in general business with significant work experience in mortgage finance or lending with relevant duties, including the analysis of complex commercial transactions, managing legal risks, and negotiating agreements and financial instruments.
- A working knowledge of Ginnie Mae, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and tax-exempt bond regulations affecting homeownership financing activities.
- Material experience in capital acquisition to include tax-exempt and taxable housing bonds and/or securitization of loans.
- A demonstrated ability to manage human, financial and information resources strategically.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills and the highest ethical standards and integrity.
Preferred experience includes an advanced degree such as an M.B.A. or Masters of Finance and/or CFA certification.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at https://vhdacareers.com/.
This position will close at midnight on Friday, April 30, 2021.
Hiring Range: $140,646 - $182,837
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $140,646.00
- Max Hiring Rate $182,837.00
- Richmond, VA, USA