Housing Policy Intern
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Housing Policy Intern. This important role will be part of the Executive Division, a fast-paced team focused on driving and supporting the strategic and operational goals of Virginia Housing. This position will report to the Director of Policy & Planning and will assist the Policy & Planning team in conducting research, performing analysis, generating reports and supporting stakeholder engagement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participating in opportunities to learn about affordable housing and the business of Virginia Housing by shadowing subject matter experts, reading and engagement in the business of the Executive Office;
- Contributing to a collaborative, inclusive and high-energy team environment;
- Conducting research and assisting with special projects;
- Reading reports, synthesizing data and providing information pertinent to Virginia Housing;
- Executing on team deliverables with high attention to collaboration, detail and accuracy;
- Working on a wide variety of tasks in alignment with Virginia Housing’s strategic plan, goals and objectives;
- Upholding the high standards of the Executive Office.
Qualified candidates must:
- Be enrolled in Master’s degree program in Business Administration, Real Estate, Public Policy, Planning and Urban Studies or similar program during internship
- Exhibit high attention to detail with experience in conducting research
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently
Preferred experience includes familiarity with housing policies and affordable housing issues, some experience with mapping and data management tools and previous audit internship experience.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work up to 20 hours per week while taking classes and up to 40 hours per week during summer break. The internship will begin in April 2021 and run through June 2022.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at: http://www.vhda.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight on Friday, April 16, 2021.
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Travel Required No
- Richmond, VA, USA