Sr. Maintenance Technician
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Sr. Maintenance Technician.
This important role will be part of a team responsible for facilities maintenance of Virginia Housing’s offices in Richmond, Glen Allen and Wytheville, Virginia. The Sr. Maintenance Technician will perform troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance of commercial HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical equipment. This role will also perform general maintenance such as sheetrock repairs, painting, carpet repairs, hardware repairs and grounds maintenance. The facilities team is designated as essential personnel and are subject to work outside the normal work schedule on an emergency basis and are subject to overtime work, as needed. Some travel required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Daily inspection of facilities, equipment and machinery to address deficiencies or inefficiencies;
- Diagnosing causes of breakdowns, testing parts with appropriate instruments, disassembling and assembling parts, and making necessary repairs to equipment and associated components;
- Records management of equipment maintenance, performance and inspection;
- Acting as lead point for performance heating, ventilation and cooling systems;
- Working with vendors to identify and repair hardware and software issues;
- Maintaining multiple facilities building systems including complex HVAC systems, Chemical Feed systems, Energy Management Network systems, facility emergency backup systems, irrigation systems, food service equipment, elevators, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, furniture repairs. Make repairs not requiring inspection or licensure;
- Monitoring, maintaining and performing standard repairs to internal and external building electrical facilities and systems, such as tubes, fixtures, switches, photo cells and outlets;
- Light snow removal such as sweeping walkways and steps as required;
- Obtaining proposals and quotes from contracted vendors, assigning tasks to contracted technical services and monitoring work assignments and vendor invoice processing.
- Response to customer complaints and callbacks;
- Responding during emergencies.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- A. A. Degree or equivalent vocational/technical training or equivalent work experience;
- Several years’ current or previous work experience as a Service Technician with a specialization in troubleshooting, servicing and repairing commercial HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical equipment;
- Basic computer knowledge with familiarity with Microsoft Office products;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with a professional demeanor and positive, caring attitude;
- Ability to work independently and without supervision;
- Valid driver’s license.
Preferred experience includes relevant Journeyman's or Master’s license and Universal EPA certification.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at https://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $52,876 - $68,738
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $52,876.00
- Max Hiring Rate $68,738.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Richmond, VA, USA