Accounting Manager - Homeownership & Investor Reporting
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as an Accounting Manager - Homeownership and Investor Reporting.
This important role will manage accounting and investor reporting for the origination and servicing operations in our Homeownership Division. The Accounting Manager will oversee staff to ensure financial transactions are posted to the general ledger, all reporting to internal and external parties are completed timely and ensure accurate and timely processing of funds. This position is also responsible for ensuring all detailed records and financial reports accurately reflect the condition of the Homeownership loan and REO programs, including investor reporting to third parties.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Homeownership Accounting Staff to ensure accounting transactions are posted accurately and timely, general ledger and bank accounts are reconciled each day or month and ensure accurate and timely preparation of reports to internal customers and third party investors (like GNMA, FNMA and Freddie);
- Reviewing and approving staff prepared reports and reconciliations for completeness and accuracy;
- Executing all steps necessary to ensure transactions from the loan originations and servicing systems are posting to the general ledger timely, accurately and in compliance with specific program guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles;
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of the range of funds received on the portfolio of Virginia Housing Homeownership loans, ensuring that applications match customer expectations, the terms of the mortgage Note and Deed of Trust, internal policy, any instructions from internal default staff and applicable regulatory and investor guidelines;
- Providing technical assistance to other divisions concerning the accounting treatment and impact of proposed financial transactions and recommending solutions to problems, particularly in areas affecting cash, mortgage loans and reporting to investors.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- B. S. degree, in accounting, finance, or business administration or equivalent;
- Several years of experience in accounting;
- Several years of experience in mortgage, servicing and lending and loan securitization;
- Several years of Management experience is preferred;
- CPA preferred.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $92,478 - $120,219
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $92,478.00
- Max Hiring Rate $120,219.00
- Richmond, VA, USA