Post Closing Specialist
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Post Closing Specialist in our Homeownership Division.
This important role will perform an extensive review of loan documentation after purchase by Virginia Housing. Additionally, the Post Closing Specialist will answer inquiries regarding programs, provide guidance to stakeholders and ensure documents reviewed are in compliance with all federal, state, insurer and Virginia Housing guidelines. This role will provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and administer training to lenders as required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing documents executed at loan settlement to ensure proper lien perfection and security in accordance with Federal, State, GNMA, FNMA and Virginia Housing regulations;
- Ensuring that the loan is adequately insured to meet FHA, VA, RD, or Private Mortgage Insurance;
- Working with lenders, title companies and settlement agents to clear any exceptions that may adversely affect marketable title;
- Performing detailed reviews of legal documents to determine the accuracy of figures, dates, legal description, and names;
- Preparing monthly reports and distribute to lenders;
- Validating and entering appropriate data into LOS as required to ensure accuracy for internal and investor reporting.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Associates Degree, related vocational/technical training or equivalent work experience;
- A few years of final document review and post closing experience;
- Several years in the mortgage industry;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Excellent customer service skills, both written and oral communication.
Preferred experience includes familiarity with FHA connection.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight Monday, December 28, 2020.
Hiring Range:$45,980 to $59,774
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $45,980.00
- Max Hiring Rate $59,774.00
- Richmond, VA, USA