Sr. SharePoint Developer
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Sr. SharePoint Developer .
This important role will be responsible for creating, modifying and configuring SharePoint websites and applications, finding solutions to enhance business activity and customize sites based on business needs. The Sr. SharePoint Developer will provide support and guidance for SharePoint users, ensure business functionality, and address and resolve any issues with the application and sites performance. This position will assist with the development and maintenance of Enterprise SharePoint Governance processes, procedures, standards and guidelines. This role will require experience in converting processes into SharePoint workflows; interfacing with ePMO, stakeholders, other database and application developers, following systems development and engineering life cycle best practices.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing and maintaining key components of the software suite using SharePoint development platform, Microsoft .Net and SharePoint productivity tools and related technologies, either out of the box or through augmented technology platforms;
- Developing SharePoint solutions by analyzing requirements, gathering information needed, conferring with stakeholders, studying systems flow/ data usage/work processes, performing software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debugging, testing, and deploying software solutions;
- Actively participating in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment;
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing presentations, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code, and build proof of concept examples of effective and efficient SharePoint capabilities to support business opportunities.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience in related industry or practice;
- Several years of experience with Microsoft centric application development;
- Several years of development experience with SharePoint 2016 or later, and embedded technologies;
- Several years of proven experience developing features, custom web parts, workflows with SharePoint 2013 or higher;
- Several years of intermediate hands on experience in C# development;
- Several years of intermediate working experience of JQuery, Java Scripting and HTML5;
- A couple years of experience with Nintex or another similar workflows/forms tool;
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft 365 cloud platform and SharePoint Online;
- Demonstrated experience developing Out of the Box and some .NET custom applications for SharePoint;
- Experience determining when requirements are best satisfied through configuration of Web parts, through customization using SharePoint Designer or through custom development using .NET
- Hands on working experience with VMWare Virtual environments;
- Knowledge of SharePoint Central Administration web application and SharePoint PowerShell commands, SharePoint out-of-the-box functionalities, SharePoint web services, and SharePoint interactions with Microsoft Office.
Preferred experience includes:
- Microsoft SharePoint Administration Certification, Office 365 Administration Certification or a related technology certification;
- Experience with developing PowerShell scripts;
- Familiar with tools such as Nintex Forms and Workflow, InfoPath and SharePoint Designer;
- Some SharePoint development experience using CSOM and/or .NET;
- Experience with authentication: IWA NTLM, SharePoint claims, and also SharePoint web apps as ADFS 3+ relying parties; People Picker integration with multiple claims providers at once; troubleshoot client side authentication and connectivity to SharePoint from browsers and Office products;
- Ability to develop and support SharePoint client side applications (primarily browser-based);
- Ability to develop and support C# server side SharePoint applications (SSOM).
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range $80,418 - $104,542
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $80,418.00
- Max Hiring Rate $104,542.00
- Glen Allen, VA, USA