Mortgage Loan Processor
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Mortgage Loan Processor. This important role will process single family loan applications for Virginia Housing’s Strategic Lending Department. Perform extensive review of loan application packages for accuracy, completeness and compliance with all Virginia Housing (MRB), federal regulations and insuring agency guidelines (FHA, VA, RD, GNMA, FNMA, FHLMC).
Responsibilities will include:
• Performing analysis of customer financial data, obtaining consumer credit reports, ordering real estate appraisals, verifying employment history and preparing loan file for underwriting approval and follow up conditions.
• Providing excellent customer service by answering inquiries regarding Virginia Housing guidelines & loan program requirements, obtaining necessary documentation and establishing effective day to day working relationships with originators, appraisers, underwriters, closers, realtors, builders and other housing partners.
• Attending and participating in a variety of regulatory/insuring agency meetings and informational webinars.
Qualified candidates must possess previous experience in loan processing to perform a variety of work assignments with minimal supervision, a minimum of three or more years preferred. A.A. Degree or equivalent on the job experience. Working knowledge of Virginia Housing’s conventional and governmental loan program types. Strong knowledge of mortgage loan compliance and documents. Computer literacy, including electronic documentation, and experience with AUS, FHA Connection and VA Web Portal. Adaptability and organizational skills are a necessity.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $52,876 - $68,738
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $52,876.00
- Max Hiring Rate $68,738.00
- Richmond, VA, USA