Sr. SharePoint Administrator
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Sr. SharePoint Administrator.
This important role will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of all on premise and online SharePoint farms; supporting infrastructure by providing support and guidance to users, ensuring business functionality and addressing and resolving any issues with the software performance. The Sr. SharePoint Administrator will work with IT and Business teams to create sites, manage permissions, troubleshoot issues, update third-party tools and software, perform SharePoint updates, coordinate server maintenance and ensure a stable SharePoint platform. This role will also own the development and maintenance of Enterprise SharePoint Governance policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Configure and setup new SharePoint environments, to include, maintenance of existing SharePoint farms on development, test and production environments;
- Troubleshoot problems, communicate status of production incidents and provide solutions in a timely manner;
- Manage third party tools or technologies that are involved in extending features and functionalities of the core SharePoint platform offering;
- Develop and recommend Enterprise SharePoint Governance processes, procedures, standards and guidelines;
- Maintain SharePoint patches, feature updates, upgrades and migrations, and coordinate implementation of these tasks with relevant teams;
- Support the installation, configuration, security, operations and maintenance of SharePoint environment including architecture, content database management, capacity planning, patches and reboot.
- Conduct SharePoint training and information sessions and provide technical support to end users.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in related industry or practice;
- Several years of administration experience with SharePoint 2016 and embedded technologies;
- Couple years of extensive hands on experience migrating SharePoint between versions and applying CUs and patches;
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft 365 cloud platform and SharePoint Online;
- Thorough understanding of SharePoint farm architecture, installation and configuration;
- Hands on experience with VMWare Virtual environments.
- Extensive experience with developing PowerShell scripts;
- Knowledge of SharePoint Central Administration web application and SharePoint PowerShell commands, SharePoint out-of-the-box functionalities, SharePoint web services, and SharePoint interactions with Microsoft Office;
- In depth familiarity with Microsoft and industry best practices and governance for SharePoint;
- Solid understanding of SharePoint security including Active Directory groups, SharePoint groups and site collection structures;
- Familiarity with internal farm processes;
- Strong experience with alternate access mappings, managed paths and extended web apps having multiple authentication zones.
Preferred experience includes:
- Microsoft SharePoint Administration Certification, Office 365 Administration or a related technology certification;
- Familiarity with tools such as Nintex Forms and Workflow, InfoPath and SharePoint Designer;
- SharePoint development experience using CSOM and/or .NET;
- Experience with authentication: IWA NTLM, SharePoint claims, and also SharePoint web apps as ADFS 3+ relying parties; People Picker integration with multiple claims providers at once; troubleshoot client side authentication and connectivity to SharePoint from browsers and Office products.
- Experience developing and supporting SharePoint client side applications (primarily browser-based);
- Experience developing and supporting C# server side SharePoint applications (SSOM).
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $80,418 - $104,542
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $80,418.00
- Max Hiring Rate $104,542.00
- Glen Allen, VA, USA