Strategic Markets Lending Analyst
We're looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Strategic Markets Lending Analyst. This important role will assist with the analysis and underwriting of multifamily real estate finance transactions. This position is part of Virginia Housing's Strategic markets lending team, which works with developers who are inexperienced in real estate finance and require technical assistance. Also, the loans are focused on developments that address underserved housing markets such as the homeless, persons with disabilities, rural housing and smaller infill redevelopment projects across the Commonwealth.
Responsibilities will include:
• Sets up new loans in a timely manner in the Prolink system;
• Evaluates loan application packages for completeness;
• Conducts site visits and other fieldwork as needed.
• Processes market data collected into Property Features Report, Economic Assumptions Report and Rent Adjustment Tables;
• Produces and interprets ad hoc Prolink reports to identify trends and summarize loan activity;
• Reviews proposed property operating expense data for reasonableness;
• Reviews appraisals, environmental reports, and other third-party materials to ensure they meet Virginia Housing standards and provide summary information to Development Officer as appropriate;
• Assists with closing of construction and permanent loans by reviewing file completeness, preparing closing draw templates and closing determinations;
• Reviews construction loan draw packages for accuracy and completeness and works with customers to address issues to facilitate approval by Development Officer;
Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience in Real Estate, Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Urban Planning. A few years' real estate experience preferably in the multifamily or commercial area. Basic understanding of real estate, finance and general business acumen.
Travel: Must be able to travel up to 20%, overnight as needed and possess and maintain a current driver's license in good standing.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at: http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will be located at our Glen Allen, VA location.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $60,806 - $79,047
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $60,806.00
- Max Hiring Rate $79,047.00
- Glen Allen, VA, USA