Education and Training Officer
We’re looking for two (2) amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as an Education and Training Officer – Community Outreach. This important role will report directly to the Housing Education Manager and will be responsible for carrying out consumer education and partner training initiatives and programs. In this role you must possess a broad understanding of regulations governing consumer rights and responsibilities and knowledge of low-and-moderate housing programs. Our ideal candidate must have experience with program oversight and daily task administration, and have demonstrated skills in innovative problem solving, facilitation, negotiations, public speaking, written and oral communications, and process development.
Responsibilities will include:
• Carrying out programmatic, operational and administrative activities to ensure successfully implementation of housing programs to include Rental, Home Buying, Post-purchase and Foreclosure Prevention.
• Undertaking high level project management
• Performing program oversight
• Assisting with curriculum updates, revisions and development.
• Facilitating/teaching in-person and virtual classes
• Conducting breakout sessions
• Manning Virginia Housing exhibit table
• Public speaking, and other outreach initiatives.
• Maintaining relationships with external partners to enable support and understanding of:
• community needs;
• housing education needs of consumers;
• training/CEU needs of service providers, i.e. educators/counselors;
• and the needs of specific groups to include Public Housing, Habitat for Humanity, the U.S. Military and Rural Housing.
• Providing professional customer service and technical assistance.
Qualified candidates must possess 5+ years’ experience in the housing industry. May include housing counseling, community/economic development, non-profit management, personal finance, or affordable housing. 2+ years facilitating and teaching consumer education along with public speaking experiences a must. Leadership experience preferred. Ability to perform multi-facet work assignments with minimal supervision. Strong office and organizational skills required. Proficiency in MS Office products to include Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Preferred experience includes experience with video conferencing such as WebEx. Extensive experience in development and implementation of housing education programs to address strategic initiatives for consumers renting, buying and owning. Experience in project management is highly preferred. AFE (Accredited Financial Educator) and AFC (Accredited Financial Counselor) certifications are a plus.
Incumbent will be required to complete and pass the HUD Housing Counseling Certification exam within one (1) year of employment.
Travel: (50 – 75%) required. Overnight stays required and occasional weekends. Must possess and maintain a current driver’s license as a requirement of the job position.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at: http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
These two (2) open positions will remain open until filled.
These positions will be located at our Glen Allen, Virginia location.
Hiring Range: $60,806 -$79,047
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $60,806.00
- Max Hiring Rate $79,047.00
- Glen Allen, VA, USA