Manager, Compensation and Benefits
The Manager, Compensation & Benefits will be responsible for executing the strategic direction of Myers Industries’ compensation and benefits programs under the direction of the Enterprise HR Leader. The position is responsible for the management, administration, creation and development of the Total Rewards program to support and align with business objectives and strategies. The role will drive the design, planning, implementation and appropriate communication of compensation and benefit programs to include: benefits (medical, dental, vision, prescription, optional, retirement, equity), base pay, variable pay, pay structures, and other incentive programs offered to Myers employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees benefits and compensation plans to meet regulatory compliance and governance/audit requirements, consults with legal resources and stays abreast of developing legislation and its potential impact.
- Responsible for all benefit-related regulatory findings.
- Serve as coordinator of the retirement plan and responsible for appropriate committee documentation.
- Assist in setting strategy to develop and maintain competitive base and incentive compensation structures designed to attract and retain exceptional talent.
- Selection and management of benefits brokers to make recommendations on strategic benefit changes tailored to the organization
- Ensure benefits planning is completed taking ACA and other benefit-related regulations into account.
- Manage compensation and benefits vendor relationships, including managing the RFP process for vendor selection and/or retention.
- Implement and administer employee health and wellness plans across the organization (Medical, Dental, Vision, COBRA, and Disability, life, ancillary/voluntary benefits), including enrollments and terminations.
- Administer 401(k) plan, defined benefit and non-qualified plans including year-end reporting, compliance testing, communicating plan changes to employees, and updating and coordinating the enrollment processes.
- Ensure compensation and benefit systems are appropriately linked to business strategic objectives and efficiently support the organization.
- In coordination with the Canadian benefits broker, ensure compliance of Canadian benefit plans (DPSP, RRSP, medical, disability)
- Provide oversight of the annual compensation cycle and related communications, partnering closely with Human Resources Business Partners to ensure the effective execution of the cycle with business leaders.
- Designs and conducts analysis of jobs, salaries, variable pay and other rewards in order to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of pay practices.
- Monitor external total reward practices and trends to identify compensation and benefit issues and opportunities.
- Processes and reconciles all stock transactions of the long term incentive plan and the employee stock purchase plan (NQ, ISO, RSU release).
- Manage proper reporting of stock transactions on form W-2.
- Provide annual compensation statements to members of the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate monthly reporting of compensation/benefit related items to accounting and finance.
- Provide all compensation related information for preparation of the annual proxy.
- Participate in annual compensation surveys.
- Administer executive physical program.
- Provides additional assistance on company perks and team members offerings as requested.
- Other projects as assigned by management.
Leads and manages the Benefits Analyst.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in human resources, or a related field from an accredited college or university. Ten years of full-time experience in human resource compensation and benefits related administration. Two years of recent health/risk insurance experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is required to travel as needed and at times may be extemporaneous.
- Job Function Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Akron, OH, USA