IBC - Director, National Accounts
IBC - Director, Sales
Milford, OH, USA Req #178
Buckhorn, Inc., seeks a seasoned sales leader and capable change manager to lead our sales organization. One of North America’s leading manufacturers of reusable plastic packaging systems and material handling productions, we’re poised for tremendous growth. As our Director of Sales, we will look to you to develop sales strategies and execute initiatives that will grow our customer and market base, drive efficiencies within the sales process, maintain our enviable customer satisfaction levels, and enhance our profitability and our value to the markets we serve.
The IBC Director of Sales will manage 5 direct reports and work collectively with the IBC sales team to create reusable packaging conversion sales and expand relationships with large Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) accounts. The Sales Director is responsible for prospecting and developing new conversion sales opportunities, revenue /margin, talent management and overall effectiveness of IBC sales team. In addition, this role will lead collaboration efforts across the sales, marketing, operations, and engineering teams to plan and execute new revenue generating initiatives.
This position will be based in our headquarters in Milford, OH.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Sales Planning and Management
- Manage and lead the sales team to grow strategic markets above the market growth rate
- Account responsibility with strong understanding of conversion sales and the sales process
- Drive change from based on well -defined value propositions and business cases that encourage conversion sales
- Develop a performance driven sales team with relevant key performance indicators and compensation structure to exceed Buckhorn’s objectives
- Forecasts and reports (monthly / quarterly) on order intake, revenue, development of the markets and relevant Sales KPIs for business overview
- Assure the alignment of sales plans and forecasts with all other business related processes within the Buckhorn organization as a basis for active resource management
- Proactively manage and communicate fact based changes in the markets, customers and competitors of Buckhorn
- Partner with the leadership team to develop and execute Annual and Strategic Plans based on an in-depth understanding of markets and customers served
- Develop sales strategies for core market segments and core geographical markets leveraging insights from customers and stakeholders, and external market trends, to develop actions to support the growth strategy of Buckhorn
- Manage the long term strategic development of the account management team and upgrading where/ when necessary.
- Work closely with marketing team to build value propositions, focusing on solution value selling in order to identify and capture growth opportunities in conversion sales.
- Cooperation with all departments to retain customers and defend existing business
Team Leadership and Development
- Lead the change management process to build organizational capability to sell solutions with elements of the Buckhorn value proposition(s)
- Identify, develop and monitor development plans for direct reports and high potential leaders to build a high performance culture and capability
- Build a culture of engagement and accountability, cascading vision, and goal alignment
- Champion the effective use of change management principles, strategies and techniques to plan, implement and evaluate change
- Build a strong pipeline of talent to ensure a high performing organization
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in Business Management
- MBA or other post-graduate degree in related fields a plus 5+ years related experience
- Strong understanding of the sales process and conversion and solution value selling.
- 5+ years ’ experience in successful leadership of a sales force and 3+ years of key account management experience
- Proven track record of enabling a sales organization to grow business
- Strong skills in problem solving and communication
- Experience developing people and building organization plans to ensure organizational readiness and capability to meet changing business conditions
- Excellent time management , planning and prioritization skills and project management abilities
- Confident with financial data analysis, sales and product calculations and budget planning/control
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with CRM systems
- Strong PC, word, Excel and Power Point skills
- Willingness to travel (up to 50 % - 70%)
As a Myers Industries Company, Buckhorn is committed to providing an environment for employees to grow and succeed and creating a space where people are respected
and enjoy coming to work. We offer competitive pay benefits that include health, dental, and vision benefits; tuition reimbursement, retirement benefits including a 401(k) with employer match; and an employer stock plan.
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Milford, OH, USA