Maint-Tech Services - Process Technician
A motivated team-oriented person who provides technical support for injection molding production.
Cycle in and monitor plastic injection molding machines; support the production floor by performing the following duties.
- Cycle in injection molding machines to obtain first article work piece within required dimensional tolerances
- Troubleshoots injection molding defects and correct any issues through following proven problem-solving methods
- Documentation of any approved process changes
- Provide support during material and color changes
- Pull runners from molds (when applicable)
- Follow safe start up and shut down procedures per production schedule
- Proactively contribute, evaluate and document ideas for continuous improvement
- Operates fork-lifts and cranes
- Work independently and in teams to meet production goals
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Buckhorn policies and OSHA Standards
- Maintain 6S and tools to standard
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); required
- 2 – 5 years experience in production primarily in the area of injection molding; preferred
- 2 – 5 years experience in injection molding processing; preferred
- Experience in set up of cartesian automation and end of arm tooling; preferred
- Understanding of plastic processing variables; required
- Knowledge of Scientific Injection Molding; preferred
- Strong skills in troubleshooting, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical problems; required
- Desire to take on new challenges/opportunities
- Experience with safe operation of overhead crane, preferred
- Evolve through continuous improvement
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively to employees of organization.
Ability to do two mathematical operations to arrive at the solution.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to extreme heat and the risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Springfield, MO, USA