Buckhorn's vision is to become recognized as a best in class employer.
Buckhorn, Inc. in Milford, OH is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team.
- Interacts with department heads and members of our organization to ensure that accurate and relevant financial information is available for making timely and accurate decisions.
- Actively participating and/or leading the implementation, continuous improvement and maintenance of systems, policies, procedures and standards to ensure reliable reporting and to streamline business processes.
- This position is a key team member in the financial close, reporting and control processes of the organization.
- Lastly, this position will support and work closely with the credit manager for receivable, collection and bad debt.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Completes closing activities to ensure that financial statements and general ledgers are closed timely and accurately.
- Adheres to and assists in development of internal control policies and procedures ensuring SOX compliance.
- Supports internal and external audits as needed.
- Prepares account reconciliations, work papers, financial analysis and journal entries.
- Support credit manager with receivable collection, and bad debt calculation etc.
- Provide invoices, shipping details to customers as needed.
- Reconcile cash.
- Special projects as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Intermediate expertise with Microsoft Excel and basic Power Point experience required.
- Experience with Epicor, CMS or equivalent ERP application a plus.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with good problem solving skills and the ability to work independently and in a team.
- Overall comprehensive understanding of business processes.
- Team Player.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time; this description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
The company seeks to hire the best-qualified applicant for all openings. The decision to hire is based on ability, experience, and other factors required by the job itself without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, or any other protected status. This policy pertains to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, conditions and privileges of employment, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff-off and termination.
- Job Function Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Milford, OH, USA