Being a Production Manager for Buckhorn, INC will require you to be responsible for the planning, coordination, and control of manufacturing processes to ensure products are produced to meet or exceed requirements for safety, quality, delivery and cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed below are not all inclusive of the work that will be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
- Utilize problem solving methodologies to identify root cause and develop appropriate countermeasures
- Apply Lean Manufacturing to drive manufacturing improvements
- Develop processes and procedures to meet performance objectives
- Ensure assigned resources adhere to defined procedures/standard work
- Provide short and long term staffing plans to meet production needs
- Supervise shift supervisors, leads, operators, and material handlers
- Develop training plans and ensure the timely execution of training
- Report department performance through daily, weekly, and monthly key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Coordinate efforts with the technical service team and assist team in problem solving
- Coordinate efforts between the four production shifts
- Interview and recommend applicants for hire
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Improvement Tools and O.E.E.
- Maintain department ISO 9001 quality requirements
- Develop team members to help them achieve their potential and advance in the organization when able
- Develops Supervisors and Leads to effectively supervise their assigned employees
- Interact with support resources and internal suppliers to resolve issues inhibiting production success
- Solicit feedback from internal and external customers to drive improvement initiatives
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Buckhorn policies and OSHA Standards
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Five years of leadership experience
- Five years’ experience in manufacturing
- Lean Manufacturing experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ten years of leadership experience
- Experience in plastic molding manufacturing plant
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 49 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to extreme heat and the risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Salary
- Springfield, MO, USA