Operations Planning/Warehouse Manager
Operations Planning and Warehouse Manager
Ensures production assets are scheduled to best meet customer demands while optimizing productivity and minimizing costs. Works closely with supply chain and customer service to evaluate the demand/production plan against inventory, capacity, and external factors and create mitigation actions if needed. Ensures successful material flow from receipt to storage to shipment while minimizing the costs associated with material management. Implements improvement initiatives to achieve department goals such as on time delivery, inventory accuracy and inventory levels. Provides effective leadership to focus departments on the needs of the business. Reports performance of departments and implements actions to correct trends of key performance indicators. Develops personnel and processes to support present and future operations with a strong knowledge of scheduling, inventory management, warehouse, shipping and receiving operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed below are not all inclusive of the work that will be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
- Coordinates monthly on site S&OP meetings to ensure that all aspects are both value-added and granular enough to drive strategic decisions and daily execution.
- Closes gaps between demand and supply plans. Develop and recommend alternate solutions derived from analytics to present to senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Ensures department employees are working safely and following all applicable safety rules. Develops and implements safety program enhancements.
· Develops and leads direct reports to help individuals achieve their potential and maximize their impact on the organization.
- Provides clear expectations for department employees, recognizes employees for performing above expectations and takes appropriate actions when performance falls below expectations.
- Monitors that all materials moved in and out of the warehouse are transacted correctly.
- Strategic thinking with tactical execution and sense of urgency
· Maintains planning and warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Works closely with Production and Technical Services to determine production capacity and develop lead times accordingly.
- Coordinates with internal resources to drive efforts toward improving vender performance; establishes key performance indicators for vendors with regard to cost, delivery and quality.
· Implements best practices that deliver improved service, reduce costs and increase cash flow.
- Coordinates with other departments and corporate resources in order to resolves discrepancies and enhance company performance.
- Evaluates, analyzes, recommends and implements enhancements to existing work methods, flows and processes to increase throughput.
- Supports continuous improvement activities and actively pursues the utilization of 6S and 5-Why strategies within departments. Participate in and lead Kaizen activities.
· Communicates department performance and needs in routine cross functional meetings such as daily production meetings.
· Ensures reports are timely and accurate. Identifies opportunities to enhance reporting for increased value. Ensures daily utilization of pertinent reports to initiate appropriate actions within departments.
· Interacts with sales, customer service, and production to resolve scheduling priority needs and conflicts.
· Ensures stocking levels of purchased components and manufactured work in process are aligned with delivery due dates and balanced with inventory targets
· Scheduling - Ensures daily production schedules maximize production efficiency, minimize waste, satisfy lead time requirements, and provide accurate information.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associates or Bachelors degree; required
- Five years of experience in Planning, Warehousing, Receiving, Shipping, Inventory control and forklift operation
- Five years of experience leading process improvement
- S&OP and/or capacity planning experience
- Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
· Proficient computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Bar code Technology and Electronic Data Interchange
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Lean Manufacturing experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Springfield, MO, USA