Director of Human Resources
Corporate Office, 1251 1st Avenue, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, United States of America Req #135
Thursday, April 15, 2021
The Human Resources Director is responsible for developing and implementing human resources programs and policies that align with organizational business goals and meet employment law standards. This position evaluates and implements process improvements to ensure efficient, effective and progressive human resources practices. The incumbent is accountable to supervise, coach and develop a solution-focused Business Partner team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONBILITIES:
The below listing of essential functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be requested to be performed by supervisor or manager.
1. Oversees the development, implementation, coordination and administration of human resource programs, including: employment, employee relations, training, compensation, legal compliance, and talent management in accordance with corporate policies and programs.
2. Assist with the development and execution of goals and action plans consistent with company objectives. Develop and implement progressive employment programs, policies, procedures and practices to support engagement, satisfaction and retention efforts.
3. Inspire, motivate and develop staff to achieve and maintain high levels of engagement and satisfaction. Lead and cultivate a positive team environment and provide ongoing guidance and career development opportunities to direct reports.
4. Implement clear career development pathways; oversee interdepartmental training and development needs, including content development and training delivery.
5. Analyze, administer and review pay practices; research market trends, and ensure compliance with governmental wage and hour regulations.
6. Ensure compliance of accurate employee records and human resources programs and activities on a timely basis and in accordance with regulations and best practices. Update employee handbook and develop HR SOP, communicating updates as necessary.
7. Consult with management and employees at all levels on various employment issues and assist with employee relations. May represent the company at employment-related hearings as needed.
8. Keep abreast of relevant developments in legislation and other trends in areas of responsibility that may impact business operations, based on external market research and consultation with VP of Human Resources.
1. Conduct performance reviews.
2. Conduct department meetings.
3. Serve on various committees and project teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
1. Must have experience leading, motivating, developing and inspiring teams in a collaborative environment
2. Must have proven experience administering compliance-related employment programs.
3. Must have strong project management experience – from ideation to implementation.
4. Demonstrated ability to build relationships and to communicate at all levels, both internally and externally.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication agility and strong presentations skills required.
6. Motivated, decisive, self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills.
7. Must have a passion for providing superior service to managers and employees as internal customers.
8. Must be able to think and plan strategically while acting tactically to meet goals.
9. Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills to determine root causes and informed decision-making.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business management or related field required. Additional certification preferred.
2. Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible human resources experience, employee/labor relations expertise strongly preferred.
3. At least two years of supervisory experience required, preferably leading an employee relations team.
4. Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead, and inspire others; highly relational.
5. Proficient in MS Office suite, Intranet/SharePoint, Social Media, Video Conferencing and HRIS technology/systems, preferably Ceridian Dayforce.
6. Experience developing and implementing employee-centric solutions and delivering measurable business results in a fast-track environment.
7. Experience managing union negotiations and relationships strongly preferred.
Work is generally sedentary, with no specific need for physical coordination or effort. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
May require physical effort associated with using the computer to access information, or occasional standing, walking, lifting needed to carry out everyday activities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some travel may be required.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Corporate Office, 1251 1st Avenue, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, United States of America