Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
Metform is a world class automotive supplier of machined transmission gear blanks and specialty fasteners. Metform has four plants in the Savanna/Mt Carroll, IL area. This position is for Production Manager of our weekend CNC machining operation in Savanna. Position reports directly to the Director of Operations. This operation works two 12- hour shifts starting at 6 am Friday through 6 am Monday with approximately 50 people. The Production Manager will oversee both shifts, The position offers flexibility in hours to gain some degree of presence on both shifts but primarily the day shift. The position would generally work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Metform is a culture driven company founded in 1976 and a division of Maclean-Fogg. If you’re passionate about coaching, teamwork and culture, this is a great opportunity. Metform offers excellent benefits and growth opportunities.
· Operational leadership and communication
· Emphasis on culture, coaching, teamwork, and results
· See the best in people and ensure training and growth of operators and leads
· Drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, pm, and operations
· Trouble shoot and solve problems
· Oversee production priorities and output
· Drive a culture of safety, quality, and 5S
· Ensure that department has sufficient levels of inventory to meet demand and is staffed appropriately
· Work seamlessly with director and supervisors
Experience and Education
· Minimum of 5 years management/supervisory experience
· Strong CNC setup and support experience. Murata experience is a plus.
· Teambuilder with passion for a culture of respect, character, teamwork, trust and servant leadership
· Proven ability to motivate, teach and coach
· Excellent communications skills, both one-on-one and group setting
· Shop floor passion and presence
· Robotic experience a plus
· High volume/Tight tolerance experience a plus
· Feeder/delivery system experience a plus
· Verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Decision-making skills
· Management skills
· Problem solving and situational analysis
· Strategic thinking skills
· Project management skills
· Planning skills
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Job Family Operations Supervisory
- Pay Type Salary
- Savanna, IL 61074, USA
- Savanna, IL, 7034 IL Route 84, Savanna, Illinois, United States of America